Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacation Spots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr. Roger
PastorDave,

I've been in about 25 countries and all over this continent.
Some of the places I love are:
South Fla with fins and a mask. John Pannycamp state park. Key West. Conch chowder. Cuban liquor.
Fire Island/Martha's Vineyard. Fire has partying. Marth's has swimming with the Dolphins. Zillion $ homes. Tell Carly and James Taylor I said "Hello". =-))))
Grand Canyon. Backpacking for 9 days down one side and up the other. Watch out for rattlers. BYOB.
Portland's 4th of July show. Stupendous. Whoops, it's over.
Jet boating up the Snake.
Kauaii. Kaa beach, then take the dive tours up the Napali coast to hidden coves where they filmed the original King Kong and other flicks. Celebrate every day at sunset on the beach with 1,000 of your newest best friends. Really. =-)

Discover natural hot springs of the north west. We take regular trips to CA, NV, WA, ID, OR just to relax in these healing waters. Nekkid of course.

But.....
If you are going to be out there fighting Mr. 666 then you may want to farmiliarize your self with some lost souls at the Burning Man festival. Maybe save some too. -)

It's at the end of the month. Black Rock Desert NV. Bring lots of water and sun shade/screen.

Info:
www.burningman.com
www.grubbenterprises.com/burningman . From there follow the '04 pics link for 300+ pic slide show. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif You'll see a tall red headded dude with shades and hat with a skirt on. That's me. Viewer discretion is advised....
Trevorg7
Maui - It's the happiest place on earth.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jul 30 2005, 08:43 AM)
AZ is too hot this time of year!!

You've apparently never been to Flagstaff at this time of year. I think we made it all the way up to 80F today. Other than October, right now is the best time of the year in Northern Arizona. I'm not sure there is a good time of the year in Phoenix or Tucson no matter what the folks who live there say about the winters (and yes, I grew up in Phoenix and visit there often so I know whereof I speak).
MoveQik
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jul 28 2005, 07:17 PM)
Assuming you'd fly, I'd head for Portland, OR and use it as a base for seeing the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon Coast, wineries, Crater Lake, and Mt. Saint Helens. As much as I like Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, I don't think there is a single area with as much to see/do as well as lot's of opportunities for relaxation as the coast of Oregon. My mouth waters just thinking about Tillamook ice cream!

If you need to drive from Indiana, I think I'd head for New England, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Yes, I know the last two are not U.S. but they are close and the natives are friendly. I haven't been to that area since 1960, but I remember that the coast of Maine and all of Nova Scotia were very special places and they've long been on my list of places to go back to.

If I weren't restricted to the U.S., I'd go to Paris France.

I have to agree! We went up there every year for the past 6 years. Stayed in Oceanside right on the cliffs of the coast. Incredible scenery. If you go into Tillamook, you can take the tour of the factory. Fun to see and even better to eat! There are a couple of old WWII aircraft museums as well. If you are a golfer, check out Alderbrook golf course and hole #15. No other hole like it in the world!

Obviously up there in the NW, there is plenty to do and the beauty is tough to beat!
914GT
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Aug 1 2005, 09:17 PM)
If you go into Tillamook, you can take the tour of the factory. Fun to see and even better to eat!

The ice cream at Tillamook is outstanding! wub.gif
jasons
I am going to add my plug for Maine and New England. You can see alot in that area including Boston which is a great city. Awesome food too. Don't forget Cape Cod.
carreraguy
Since I just got back, I would recommend Maui and/or the island of Hawaii (aka "the Big Island").
Maui - Lots to do with not as many crowds as Oahu. Has night life and good restaurants in Lahaina. Fun drive to Hana crossing about 50 one lane bridges in lush vegetation. Fun drive to Haleakala to see the sunrise - bring a jacket! Pic from Maui Marriot below.
Big Island - again lots to do with even less people than Maui. Kona on the west coast is highly recommended; can be humid in summer but way less rain than Hilo on the east coast. Many very nice coastal resorts north of Kona. LOTS of places to visit including an active volcano. Must see the "upcountry" higher elevation town of Kamuela and the North Kohala area in the northwest of the island.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.