Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB new door stay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Medtner3
the pins on mine and one of the parts is worn so much that it pops. the rebuild kit does not help

I'm looking for a very newish part that does not have any wear on the pins

To be honest I get a lot a spam of people selling junk parts, I really do need something as new as possible

Thanks for any help
bdstone914
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Dec 12 2021, 11:13 AM) *

the pins on mine and one of the parts is worn so much that it pops. the rebuild kit does not help

To be honest I get a lot a spam of people selling junk parts, I really do need something as new as possible

Thanks for any help

I dont have one but the passenger door side gets a lot less wear.
Medtner3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 12 2021, 10:10 PM) *

Thanks for any help

Yep my problem is on the drivers side
DLewis
I think I have one from the passenger side if that will work.
I will post a picture
Dean
Medtner3
QUOTE(DLewis @ Dec 14 2021, 05:31 AM) *

I think I have one from the passenger side if that will work.
I will post a picture
Dean

It might work I am willing to try it
DLewis
I have both the drivers and pass.
Don't really know how to tell them apart.

Took off the springs and the small rollers are toast.

But the posts seem very solid

Click to view attachment
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 12 2021, 08:10 PM) *
the pins on mine and one of the parts is worn so much that it pops. the rebuild kit does not help I'm looking for a very newish part that does not have any wear on the pins To be honest I get a lot a spam of people selling junk parts, I really do need something as new as possible
Thanks for any help
popcorn[1].gif The parts are the same side to side. what Bruce is suggesting is to swap them if the Pass side doesn't suffer the same issue.
If it is the stop & not the union of the arm to dr post (most likely) the rebuild kits should fix it. I rebuild them & rarely have I seen the interior pins worn so significantly that they need replacing. Its almost always the pin in the arm/dr post that is the cause (along with 50 yr old grease & worn out arm /rollers)
carl k
https://sierramadrecollection.com/door-stop...-76-p54184.html

Click to view attachment

@Medtner3 Maybe you should buy a new one?
Medtner3
QUOTE(carl k @ Dec 16 2021, 03:57 PM) *

I did not even know these were available. Thanks. That is an expensive part for sure at $168 plus tax and shipping though
Mikey914
How about buying the pin.

https://914rubber.com/door-stay-pin-for-porsche-914

I do even have some oversized ones so if you have a hole that’s oversized I may be able to help. PM me the size you need I may be able to get you a slightly larger one.

Mark
Medtner3
Thanks, Mark. I already bought the oversized pin from you and rollers which helped. but my remaining popping problem is the large / long pin with the "built in" washer and the small bracket the hole is wallowed out and the large pin is so worn

I already took care of the pin you have and worked great although I am still slightly loose on one door because I did a poor job of drilling the holes out sad.gif

I am thinking possibly the solution for me might be "pin sleeves" for both issues so I bought a couple and will likely try them

I might have a lead for the long pin and small bracket.
DLewis
picture of the long pin out
Click to view attachment
Medtner3
QUOTE(Medtner3 @ Dec 18 2021, 10:32 PM) *

Thanks, Mark. I already bought the oversized pin from you and rollers which helped. but my remaining popping problem is the large / long pin with the "built in" washer and the small bracket the hole is wallowed out and the large pin is so worn

I already took care of the pin you have and worked great although I am still slightly loose on one door because I did a poor job of drilling the holes out sad.gif

I am thinking possibly the solution for me might be "pin sleeves" for both issues so I bought a couple and will likely try them

I might have a lead for the long pin and small bracket.

It looks good PM sent
Medtner3
QUOTE(904svo @ Dec 21 2021, 05:36 PM) *

Thanks DLewis took care of me with the Long Pin which was worn on mine the rest of my door stay is in good shape
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.