Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess what I did today.....and no. Im not working clean up for a hit on the
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Actually, took me 2 days to het this far.
Wasn't sure about the depth or composition of the concrete so decided to do something that will be overkill.

Putting in pilings for a lift. Should be ready in January piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
914Mels
What style?
mlindner
Looks like fun Mikey. Wish I was closer to help. Put my lift in 10 years ago, best choice ever. Have fun and a great 2022. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
pete-stevers
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 13 2021, 03:35 PM) *

Looks like fun Mikey. Wish I was closer to help. Put my lift in 10 years ago, best choice ever. Have fun and a great 2022. Best, Mark

Just wondering how the scissor lift guys put engines in? I wouldn't mind one because I like how they recess into the floor...outta sight out of mind
mlindner
Hi Pete. The lift works so good for engine install and removal I can'd believe it. Had to build a low profile box for both the engine an trans. lower down and bolt up. MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mlindner
Just for all....I get the two post lifts and the four, very nice.
The scissor lift in the floor is a giant 4 x 8 work bench that comes out of the floor for your Porsche, snowmobile , lawnmower or any big project you have.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 13 2021, 04:02 PM) *

Hi Pete. The lift works so good for engine install and removal I can'd believe it. Had to build a low profile box for both the engine an trans. lower down and bolt up. Mark

Sorry for the hijack Mikey!!!
But Mlinder how did you get that sexy six engine from falling into the hole?
Mikey914
Went with the Twin Bursch for less than 3k delivered, German design. Seemed to be the best built lift for the buck. I just need to finish digging out the pilings. Will be more than sufficient for the 914 / 911 applications.
rhodyguy
Too tall for my garage. I'm not penetrating the lid for anything.
siverson
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 13 2021, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mlindner @ Dec 13 2021, 04:02 PM) *

Hi Pete. The lift works so good for engine install and removal I can'd believe it. Had to build a low profile box for both the engine an trans. lower down and bolt up. Mark

Sorry for the hijack Mikey!!!
But Mlinder how did you get that sexy six engine from falling into the hole?

I have the same setup. Works great with a 914.

-Steve
mlindner
Sorry Pete, missed the part about engine install....I have two 1 x 8s with a steel rib on the back cut to fit the curb. When I bring car down to install height I put the boards down and roll the engine/trans forward.a Also a bunch or 80lb bags of salt in the truck for ballast . I did do the scissor mod-job, cutting out the rear bar with a replacement after. MarkClick to view attachment
mlindner
Keep showing us pictures Mikey914
mlindner
Mikey, I keep looking at those pictures...did you use a jackhammer instead of a cement saw...Mark
mepstein
Looks like a saw cut and then broken with the hammer.
Mikey914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 14 2021, 04:45 PM) *

Looks like a saw cut and then broken with the hammer.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Tried to start with a sledgehammer / pry-bar and after 90 min saw I was getting nowhere. The concrete was stronger than thought as well as the mesh not getting completely cut as it was laying on the graven in some spots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.