Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TINKERGINEERING: PORSCHE 914 WELDING AND RUST REPAIR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
TINKERGINEERING
Hello, 914 World! I have been hard at work for the past few months cutting out all the rusty pieces in my 914 and replacing them with the donor metal in preparation for paint. I got my first welding lesson from John Esposito, for which I am forever grateful. It's super satisfying to see this all come together. Thanks again your the 914 World energy for this project!

https://youtu.be/z8LKf0ziGqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8LKf0ziGqI

ndfrigi
nice! wow you grown up since the last time you and your dad join the 914 socal drive. Good job with your project!
jagalyn
Wow!!! Nice job on your car and the production of your video. Very talented!
Superhawk996
smilie_pokal.gif Nice. Hadn't seen a post on this project for a long time and was wondering if it was still moving forward.
ValcoOscar
Great update Frances-

Friendly reminder, please ensure you have a quality fire extinguisher handy when welding or grinding. I see lots of combustibles.

Oscar

settador
QUOTE(TINKERGINEERING @ Dec 16 2021, 06:54 PM) *

Hello, 914 World! I have been hard at work for the past few months cutting out all the rusty pieces in my 914 and replacing them with the donor metal in preparation for paint. I got my first welding lesson from John Esposito, for which I am forever grateful. It's super satisfying to see this all come together. Thanks again your the 914 World energy for this project!

https://youtu.be/z8LKf0ziGqI

Rock Star!
StarBear
Thanks for the update! Onward….
tygaboy
Weld 'er UP! welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
first.gif
dstudeba
Cool! Really liked the time lapse bit towards the end.
lesorubcheek
Very impressive. Wish our son would take an interest like you. Looks great!

Dan
Mikey914
Congrats on your progress

H hole..... took me a second

914s are like football, its a game of inches, seeing your determination and willingness to set time aside to get this done will make your project successful and teach you many things that will pay off in your future.

smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
Amazing work!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your project. This will be another saved 914.

welder.gif
iankarr
Great to see you...and this project...growing up! Congrats and stay safe...
Mark Henry
thumb3d.gif
jagalyn
Getting up at 5:30am tomorrow morning?
mtndawg
Role model stuff going on here that other old and young people can learn from.
cassmcentee
Wonderful and Amazing!!!
Mayne
Outstanding work on the car and the video production. Subscribed!
Puebloswatcop
Awesome work young lady, Both the car and the video. Keep posting, cant wait to see the finished product.
flyer86d
Great skills to learn at a young age. You’ll take them with you for the rest of your life! Great job and hopefully this is only the first of many accomplishments.

Charlie
frostyf
Just watched the welding you tube video and it's giving me the inspiration to tackle some of my rust issues- thank you and well done!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Dec 18 2021, 08:24 AM) *

Awesome work young lady, Both the car and the video. Keep posting, cant wait to see the finished product.

I agree.....except for the last part. I don't want Frances to finish because I want this thread to last forever!
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 17 2021, 06:00 AM) *

Great update Frances-

Friendly reminder, please ensure you have a quality fire extinguisher handy when welding or grinding. I see lots of combustibles.

Oscar

Good point!! Yes done adding this now!
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 18 2021, 06:36 PM) *

I agree.....except for the last part. I don't want Frances to finish because I want this thread to last forever!

Ha it might take a few more years!
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(frostyf @ Dec 18 2021, 03:50 PM) *

Just watched the welding you tube video and it's giving me the inspiration to tackle some of my rust issues- thank you and well done!

Awesome welder.gif
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Dec 18 2021, 07:24 AM) *

Thanks for watching
TINKERGINEERING

Haa
Yes it will take a few years more. Thanks for watching
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Dec 18 2021, 03:24 PM) *

Great skills to learn at a young age. You’ll take them with you for the rest of your life! Great job and hopefully this is only the first of many accomplishments.

Charlie

Thanks for checking it out
TINKERGINEERING

Thank you!
TINKERGINEERING

Charlie

Kind words! Thanks!
TINKERGINEERING

Yess great! Took a few months for us
TINKERGINEERING

Haa at least a few more years smile.gif
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Dec 16 2021, 08:31 PM) *

nice! wow you grown up since the last time you and your dad join the 914 socal drive. Good job with your project!

Right! It’s been a sec. lots of progress here smile.gif
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(dstudeba @ Dec 17 2021, 09:48 AM) *

Cool! Really liked the time lapse bit towards the end.

Took so long to do! It is fun to watch in fast motion now though
TINKERGINEERING

Charlie

Waking up early to get stuff done is a tough lesson at the moment mad.gif rolleyes.gif
930cabman
Very cool team effort, I will admit a bit envious of dad.

Never forget, the only limit is the one in the mirror, persistence is a great attribute . The earlier one can get in the groove, the better.
Literati914
You Go Frances !!! Great to see the progress, especially like the time laps but your commentary is inspiring as well cheer.gif . Stay vigilant and focused when using those cut-off wheels and grinders (ask me how I know). Keep it up.

Cairo94507
I am so happy to see Frances back at it. I really enjoy watching her work on her car. She is an amazing young lady and a lot of people could learn from her. She has a bright future ahead of her for sure. Merry Christmas Frances and Frances' family.
Michael beerchug.gif
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Dec 20 2021, 02:32 PM) *

You Go Frances !!! Great to see the progress, especially like the time laps but your commentary is inspiring as well cheer.gif . Stay vigilant and focused when using those cut-off wheels and grinders (ask me how I know). Keep it up.

Ohh no!!
Lots of good tips from members here! Thanks for checking out the video!!
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 21 2021, 05:59 PM) *

I am so happy to see Frances back at it. I really enjoy watching her work on her car. She is an amazing young lady and a lot of people could learn from her. She has a bright future ahead of her for sure. Merry Christmas Frances and Frances' family.
Michael beerchug.gif

Hello! Happy New Year!
Lots of things happening. School is getting in the way of all things 914. Little bit at a time ‘
TINKERGINEERING
QUOTE(930cabman @ Dec 20 2021, 01:10 PM) *

Very cool team effort, I will admit a bit envious of dad.

Never forget, the only limit is the one in the mirror, persistence is a great attribute . The earlier one can get in the groove, the better.

Eating an elephant one bite at a time!
I have to wake up my dad to get this going. Ha
Thanks for watching the videos!!
Eric_Shea
A little bird told me you might want to build a set of calipers... huh.gif
StarBear
Curious - about how long does the seam sealer take to dry enough to apply self-etch primer? huh.gif
mepstein
Be careful around Espo Resto. The family has become better known for their scams and theft than their work on Porsche’s.

It’s been going on for a while now.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...#33;-ESPO-RESTO
Cairo94507
I agree with Mark. Their bait and switch tactics are well documented on the web and they have been ripping people off for years. It's sad that once reputable shops devolve into places that ruin people's cars and steal their money. Definitely do your home work before even walking in the door of any shop.
Cairo94507
Frances is now even more famous! I opened my latest Panorama (February 2022) to find "The Future is Frances" a very nice 8 page article with some great actions shots of Frances working on her car. Congratulations Frances and Dad- you should be very very proud. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
smilie_pokal.gif
tygaboy
Woot, Woot! You go, girl! smilie_pokal.gif
Jett
Great job Frances! Looking for more pics of the build process please.

Btw. Our daughter just learned to walk and one the first things she wanted to do was help work on the 914 smile.gif. Can’t wait to show her your videos when she is a little older.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.