Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halon fire extinguisher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
After a search I can find no recommendations here on where to buy a halon extinguisher to carry in a 914. Or what size would be adequate. Anybody?
Not interested in halotron extinguishers. Give me the real thing.
Thanks,
-hawk fighting19.gif
tat2dphreak
check harbor freight... I thought I saw some there the last time I was in there
gklinger
take a look at: http://www.h3r.com/products/a1600_2_hv.htm This is a 3.5 lb unit, they've got others from 1.25 lb up to 9 lb.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. buy the small one and attach a large magnet to the cross beam for the seat rails. A magnet will hold the fire ext. in place and you dont have to drill holes into your six. (it tucks nicely under the seat cushion and your legs)

B
GWN7
I had a couple up on the classififieds last month....

"This is a 6 pound automatic Halon 1211 extinguisher. Designed to automatically extinguish fires in enclosed spaces up to 256 cubic feet. Unit is new. Comes with mounting bracket, discharge lamp plate, discharge indicator with buzzer, manual discharge activation pull station with 10' of cable, wiring diagrams and owners manual. Total unit weight is 6.28 lbs. Underwriters Laboratories listed. Replacement cost $466.00 for a similar unit without the manual activation. $400.00 or best offer"

and

"This is a 3 pound automatic Halon 1211 extinguisher. Designed to automatically extinguish fires in enclosed spaces up to 128 cubic feet. Unit is new and comes with mounting bracket and owners manual. Total unit weight is 6.28 lbs. Underwriters Laboratories listed. Replacement cost (DriveWerks) $159.95 for a similar unit. $100.00 or best offer"

Can deliver it to Ohio next month if your interested.
GWN7
and 6 lbs

If not, I'm putting them up on evilbay end of the week.
kdfoust
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 23 2003, 12:54 PM)
Yep.. buy the small one and attach a large magnet to the cross beam for the seat rails. A magnet will hold the fire ext. in place and you dont have to drill holes into your six. (it tucks nicely under the seat cushion and your legs)

B

Dude, are you serious? Like what if you want to find it after a crash?
redshift
I think if you crash a 914 hard enough to need fire equipment, someone else will be looking for the extinguisher.

happy11.gif

M
mskala
I'm using a Halon one on my -6. Paranoid about carb fires
even after all known mods.

You can run a 5-lb bottle in the place of the center cushion
without any drilling of holes.

First pic, bracket mounted in an existing hole in the
crossmember, and the 2 sheet metal screws in the back
which used to hold down the tray.
mskala
Bottle in place. Doesn't really get in the way at all.
Put something under it if the tar is removed, or your
seatbelts will clank when you throw them in there.
Hawk
Been shopping all the race sites on line. Just found Perf Prod with time limited 20% discount offer would bring 5 lb halon extinguisher to less than $150, if any one else is interested.
-hawk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.