Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump mounting location request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Requesting some good pics of the fuel pump mounted under the steering components. I have found several, but none are looking at it directly. Does someone have some they can post? Measurements can help too, slight OCD lol. Looking to remount mine on my 74 and want to get the location correct.

@iankarr I was looking through your vid logs, but didn't see any for when you relocated yours in your BB.

Thanks all!

iankarr
I shot the process, but not edited yet. Coming soon!
nditiz1
chowtime.gif
Olympic 914
Not under the steering rack, But another choice.

Removing the tank isn't that hard to do.

Click to view attachment
bkrantz
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 9 2022, 03:51 PM) *

Not under the steering rack, But another choice.

Removing the tank isn't that hard to do.

Click to view attachment

Very similar to what I did, except my pump and filter are reversed from yours.
iankarr
Quick frame grab. This was in-process. The hoses and wires are properly routed now. The angle makes it look like the pump hits the steering bellows, but it doesn't...

Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(iankarr @ Feb 9 2022, 08:52 PM) *

Quick frame grab. This was in-process. The hoses and wires are properly routed now. The angle makes it look like the pump hits the steering bellows, but it doesn't...

Click to view attachment

I eliminated all the possible kinks in the fuel line loops by forming U's from metal fuel line. Was easy to construct and eliminated potential future rubber line aging and collapse. Added filter between tank and pump to eliminate troublesome sock in tank, and another filter after pump to tunnel line, and they are readily serviceable in this location without need to remove tank.
Tdskip
I have a couple of mine under the fuel tank, more room and less road debris that way.

Happy to lend a hand if helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.