Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Door Window Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barnfind9141972
I’m installing all the glass and new seals into my drivers door and cannot get my window to roll up all the way up to the rubber cap on the triangle window. My passenger window is fine with the all new seals but for some reason the drivers window won’t go all the way up. How can I adjust how much the window rolls up? Early door with early mechanism, correct window and seals. Thank you headbang.gif
Shivers
First think I'd check is make sure the roller is in good shape. Mine was made of plastic and it failed. That left the window down from the top.
iankarr
There's a stop on the mechanism. Maybe it needs adjustment?
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(iankarr @ Feb 11 2022, 08:44 AM) *

There's a stop on the mechanism. Maybe it needs adjustment?

@Shivers I got a rebuild door kit and put a new one on and the window was broken before so couldn’t check a before and after unfortunately but it does have a new roller. @iankarr where is the stop on the mechanism and how can I adjust it? Sorry I just can’t find anything on the web for adjustment on the early mechanism
Shivers
Sometimes all it takes is to loosen the lift mechanism bolts that hold it to the door, lift the whole lift mechanism and tighten the bolts.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Shivers @ Feb 11 2022, 12:01 PM) *

Sometimes all it takes is to loosen the lift mechanism bolts that hold it to the door, lift the whole lift mechanism and tighten the bolts.

@Shivers I was hoping that would be it, loosened it all up, shook it and lifted it, lubed everything and still nothing
914Mels
here are some photos from my old manual on window adjustments.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
raynekat
These early windows can be a royal pain to get adjusted just right.
Sometimes it's a compromise for sure.
I fought both of my windows after a complete restoration of the car for hours/days on end to get them to fit reasonably well.
Can take a lot of time and effort no doubt about it.
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 12 2022, 07:24 PM) *

These early windows can be a royal pain to get adjusted just right.
Sometimes it's a compromise for sure.
I fought both of my windows after a complete restoration of the car for hours/days on end to get them to fit reasonably well.
Can take a lot of time and effort no doubt about it.

@914Mels thank you so much, you’re a hero! @raynekat without a doubt, my triangle window was perfect on drivers side but window won’t roll up and the other side was opposite so getting these doors adjusted has been the biggest road bump so far. I’ll never take a window rolling up properly for granted again that’s for sure
914Mels
Glad to help.
sixaddict
This is in my future….I can hardly wait barf.gif
Did you ever get it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.