Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for a new battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
zoomCat
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 20 2022, 09:07 PM) *

I've looked into this DieHard (AGM) battery; does require a small bit of edge triming off off the left and right side of the battery tray. Always been a DieHard fan, also use Optima Red as well.

This is now available in Group 96R, just a tad smaller and should be in a drop in replacement for the original Group 42.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/diehard...?source=certona
Rand
The latest and best if LIFEPO!!
Come on people, if you still think other chemicals are better, learn up.

Rand
I was all Odyssey. Until LiFePO4 came along. They will catch up and then it will be in their next lineup...
914_7T3
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Dec 20 2022, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 20 2022, 09:07 PM) *

I've looked into this DieHard (AGM) battery; does require a small bit of edge triming off off the left and right side of the battery tray. Always been a DieHard fan, also use Optima Red as well.

This is now available in Group 96R, just a tad smaller and should be in a drop in replacement for the original Group 42.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/diehard...?source=certona

96R is indeed the drop In replacement and the Die Hard is also the private label manufacturer for Auto Craft sold through advanced auto parts.

Click to view attachment
CCE
I used to have the specified type 42 battery, I have installed a CB performance coil, distributor and cable kit, and a tiny blaupunkt stereo, with no amp, and had big issues with the charge, I also burned a coil, don’t really know if it had anything to do, but eventually the 42 died. I now installed an optima yellow top, and since it all disappeared.
(Still Need some cleanup to do, please pardon my mess jiji)
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.