Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion oil line setups.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mb911
This is everything you need for plumbing for a 2.0 to 3.2 if not using any external oil cooler. It has the adapter fittings for the tanks and the engine case. I also can provide the 30mm to -12 adapter for the stock 914-6 oil cooler fitting.

Kits are 375 without the 30mm adapter and 425 with. This can be routed over the bell housing and no need for a hard-line so a huge savings that way plus does not interfere with the engine mount with this setup.Click to view attachment
roblav1
This is a pretty good idea. Routing AN12 from the hard line around the engine mount took some doing.
mepstein
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Feb 22 2022, 05:57 PM) *

This is a pretty good idea. Routing AN12 from the hard line around the engine mount took some doing.

agree.gif Keep the lines away from the exhaust.
I like kits like this. Saves time and money, otherwise you end up with at least a couple fittings that don’t work and ends up costing more than just buying the right parts from day one.
mb911
Thanks guys. I think there is a real need for this. I could also do external cooler set ups if there is a demand.
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 22 2022, 07:07 PM) *

Thanks guys. I think there is a real need for this. I could also do external cooler set ups if there is a demand.

Hi Ben,

I'd be interested in two kits for a front mounted oil cooler setup.
One would be running your SS lines so it would need to have some metric 30 mm fittings to mate the two. The other set would be using SS covered AN oil lines with -12 AN fittings. LMK via pm or text so we can figures things out.

Thanks,
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 23 2022, 05:44 AM) *

Hi Ben,

One would be running your SS lines so it would need to have some metric 30 mm fittings to mate the two. The other set would be using SS covered AN oil lines with -12 AN fittings. LMK via pm or text so we can figures things out.

Thanks,

Luke what cooler are you using up front so I can figure fittings for that?
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 23 2022, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 23 2022, 05:44 AM) *

Hi Ben,

Thanks,

Luke what cooler are you using up front so I can figure fittings for that?

Hi Ben,

Both cars have this PMS setup : https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...il914207m491pms

My brothers car has -12AN cooler fittings that are welded on the cooler. On my car I can swap fittings on the cooler. I can go 30 mm metric or -12AN. I think if I'm going metric at the engine I'll keep it all metric. My brother is good with -12AN for his car. Both coolers are made by Setrab.
racer914
I'd be interested in this same setup and I'm using the same Patrick front cooler unit as Luke.
Tom1394racing
Ben

I will be doing a front mounted cooler on my GT project with a 3.0L. I would be interested in a kit for this using your front to rear hard lines, oil tank and anything else I might need including a t-stat
Bullethead
I would also be interested in a kit for remote cooler using your GT hard lines... cooler is the GT replica sold by Volker at F-S-H.

Click to view attachment
mb911
Ok so what I am finding is everyone wants to do something different.

If you send me this information I can come up with a kit for you. Your best off emailing me as I no longer get notifications from 914 world. Not sure why

1st what tank stock or mine or pms

2nd engine oil cooler. What fitting is on it

3rd if running front cooler I need to know what fittings are on the cooler and if you plan to imitate the factory routing meaning does It enter the cabin by your feet

4th if yes to 3 are you using my GT lines if so you will need adapters

5th if using a front cooler will you run a t Stat and what kind and where?

If you have a cooler expect a bunch more adapters and costs.

Quick math is an adapter from metric to AN is about $50 shipped to me for example a stock tank and factory 6 cooler will require 3 adapters to AN which will cost $150.. now if using my GT lines you have 4 30mm fittings and that will cost 200 in adapters.

Really happy to help you all do this and can easily do the leg work but I need to know the above items to get you the best and most complete kits. Email mbconsulting21@gmail.com

Thanks again
mb911
QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Feb 24 2022, 08:04 AM) *

Ben

I will be doing a front mounted cooler on my GT project with a 3.0L. I would be interested in a kit for this using your front to rear hard lines, oil tank and anything else I might need including a t-stat

Tom if you could email me mbconsulting21@gmail.com we can get rolling on this.

Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Feb 24 2022, 08:19 AM) *

I would also be interested in a kit for remote cooler using your GT hard lines... cooler is the GT replica sold by Volker at F-S-H.

Click to view attachment

If you could email mbconsulting21@gmail.com with fittings in the cooler I can help but need all the particulars I laid out

Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(racer914 @ Feb 24 2022, 07:53 AM) *

I'd be interested in this same setup and I'm using the same Patrick front cooler unit as Luke.

Email me your particulars please.
mb911
Emails sent to everyone that showed interest. I plan to make a few versions so I will regularly stock them for folks.
mb911
Now I have set-ups for stick oil tanks in stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.