Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector connectors on EFI Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
Hi everyone,

I got my 2.0 engine back from a rebuild and have been workign this weekend to get it up and running.

The question I have is regardign the EFI harness. It's obvious which 4 connectors go to the injectors, but what is less obvious is if it matters which harness connector goes on which injector on each side of the engine. I found that it also does not matter which way you plug the harness into the injectors either. I'm hoping for some clarification before I connect my gas lines back up and try to start the car (and create any poblems!). Also, on the drivers side of the engine, one of the connectors has a white rubber covering, wheras the others all have black. I put the white one on #1, assuming it was correct.

Any guidance is MUCH appreciated.

--Jason
McMark
If you have an original wiring harness the wires going into the connectors have little red numbers printed on them. If you look at the wiring diagram you can find out which ones goes where. Oh, and yes it matter which one goes where.
brownaar
If you can't find the numbers on your harness, use your ohmeter with this info to track down the right connections. This is from Kjell Nelin's article.

Electronic Control Unit (ECU) -
The ECU, mounted to the battery tray, is one of the most reliable components of the FI system components although it is often accused in error of causing problems. Some of these units have been damaged by battery acid however (a visual inspection will quickly determine if this is the case). The knob located on the top of the unit (after '71) is used to adjust the idle mixture. Here's a breakdown of all the connections from the wiring harness to the ECU (#1 is at the top):

1. Temp Sensor I
2. Not used
3. #1 Injector
4. #4 Injector
5. #2 Injector
6. #3 Injector
7. Pressure sensor, primary winding
8. Pressure sensor, secondary winding
9. Throttle switch (full load signal)
10. Pressure sensor, secondary winding
11. Ground, engine
12. Trigger points, common
13. Temp sensor I
14. Not used
15. Pressure sensor, primary winding
16. 12V power (from relay board)
17. Throttle switch
18. Starter motor (terminal 50)
19. Fuel pump relay
20. Throttle switch
21. Trigger points
22. Trigger points
23. Temp sensor II
24. 12V power

LongARM
i've seen that avator before.....hmmmmmmmmm bootyshake.gif
D1A3
Maybe you have seen it because I have used it for over a year since joining the board? blink.gif

Actually, really cool pic. I'm sure we all have it downloaded somewhere! type.gif

Cheers!
--Jason
TravisNeff
If you lay out the harness you will easily see what side injector connections go on which side. I *think* that if you still have the boots on your injector plugs, the black ones go to the rear of the engine, whites to the front (I may have black and white mixed up).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.