Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield washer questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Hey Teeners, My fuel line project creep continues. My 74 had a washer pump mounted on the left side cowl support bar, on the bolt holding the wiper relay. I didn't like to look and tok it off and bought a new pump from AA that looks nicer. Two questions, where can I hide this, and am I correct to assume that the steering column wiper switch was upgraded at some point to send power to the pump?
I'm looking at the right side cowl post and thinking I can mount it to that, under the cowl out of the way and keep the hoses pretty hidden as well.
Thoughts? Photos would be great too.

And then, a really nice 76 went for strong money on BAT a couple of weeks ago and I spotted this photo. What would be attached to the pedal board? My 74 had the slots but nothing in the area that seems to have been mounted there.

Just wonderin.

RobClick to view attachment
76-914
@SirAndy wrote a how to on that very subject. IIRC, it's in the Lapuwali Forum.
brubou
the only things attached to the pedal board are the stops, one for the clutch and one for the gas.
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 1 2022, 01:36 PM) *

@SirAndy wrote a how to on that very subject. IIRC, it's in the Lapuwali Forum.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

driving.gif
robkammer
Perfect! Thanks Andy! The PO has a black wire powering the old pump, when I can get into the car I'll find out where it's coming from, but I like the idea of using the brown/black. I just received the same washer pump from AA, there are A/C lines in the spot where you mounted yours but I'm sure I can sneak it into that area once I get the tank back in.
My pedal board only had a throttle pedal stop, no clutch stop. If anyone has a picture I'll se if I can find one.
Thanks everyone.
Rob
Montreal914
QUOTE(brubou @ Mar 1 2022, 02:22 PM) *

the only things attached to the pedal board are the stops, one for the clutch and one for the gas.

...and from the looks of it, that '76 clutch pedal stop might be missing the rubber piece that slides in the cross bracket? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 2 2022, 07:37 AM) *
...and from the looks of it, that '76 clutch pedal stop might be missing the rubber piece that slides in the cross bracket? confused24.gif

agree.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(robkammer @ Mar 1 2022, 04:32 PM) *

Hey Teeners, My fuel line project creep continues. My 74 had a washer pump mounted on the left side cowl support bar, on the bolt holding the wiper relay. I didn't like to look and tok it off and bought a new pump from AA that looks nicer. Two questions, where can I hide this, and am I correct to assume that the steering column wiper switch was upgraded at some point to send power to the pump?
I'm looking at the right side cowl post and thinking I can mount it to that, under the cowl out of the way and keep the hoses pretty hidden as well.

And then, a really nice 76 went for strong money on BAT a couple of weeks ago and I spotted this photo. What would be attached to the pedal board? My 74 had the slots but nothing in the area that seems to have been mounted there.

Just wonderin.

@robkammer

i put my pump under the bottle. it should be in my thread, i took some pictures for the wiring and relay, because i got the Car Magic switch conversion to use the stock lever that when you pull , it triggers the switch and washer pumps. it eliminates the pressure feed from the spare and the corresponding washer lines, you route new lines from the pump directly to the spray nossles under the cowl, no more getting wet lap if a hose burst or comes apart.- I got my 914-6/911 pump from 914Sixer.

Phil
- and as others said, the slots are for the bolts that hold the metal bracket which holds the rubber clutch stopper and the picture shows the bracket but ismissing the rubber stopper. All suppliers can get you that bracket and / or stoppers.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2873724
that link will have a few pictures of the pump , wiring, location etc. that i did
robkammer
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 2 2022, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(robkammer @ Mar 1 2022, 04:32 PM) *

Just wonderin.

@robkammer

i put my pump under the bottle. it should be in my thread, i took some pictures for the wiring and relay, because i got the Car Magic switch conversion to use the stock lever that when you pull , it triggers the switch and washer pumps. it eliminates the pressure feed from the spare and the corresponding washer lines, you route new lines from the pump directly to the spray nossles under the cowl, no more getting wet lap if a hose burst or comes apart.- I got my 914-6/911 pump from 914Sixer.

Phil
- and as others said, the slots are for the bolts that hold the metal bracket which holds the rubber clutch stopper and the picture shows the bracket but ismissing the rubber stopper. All suppliers can get you that bracket and / or stoppers.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2873724
that link will have a few pictures of the pump , wiring, location etc. that i did

Thanks Doc!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.