Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 75 914 2.0 Throttle Position Sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
We thought that the last of the bugs had been worked out after the distributor rebuild but after a few miles the TPS failed (which was rebuilt), losing four positions in the middle.

Because the car is over restored we are looking for an NOS piece and will be happy to pay accordingly.

Thanks!
DRPHIL914
check with @914Sixer he is always coming across NOS stuff like that. BUT you can get a new board for it from Dave Sprinkle, or 914rubber which carries his boards. also i have found that some that look like they are worn are just lightly corroded and cleaning the contacts and the board with a plain pencil eraser will many times make it work like new again.

Phil
Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 2 2022, 07:18 AM) *

check with @914Sixer he is always coming across NOS stuff like that. BUT you can get a new board for it from Dave Sprinkle, or 914rubber which carries his boards. also i have found that some that look like they are worn are just lightly corroded and cleaning the contacts and the board with a plain pencil eraser will many times make it work like new again.

Phil

Thanks Phil. We did put a new board in from 914Rubber and worked for a month, no idea what went wrong. A new part will put this problem to bed.
914Sixer
Will keep an eye out for one. NLA for a long time. I know of some 1.7 ones but no 2.0.
Jett
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 2 2022, 08:00 AM) *

Will keep an eye out for one. NLA for a long time. I know of some 1.7 ones but no 2.0.

Thanks!!
JamesJ
Rich Bontempi at High Performance House has ONE for sale. 650.364.6234
JamesJ
@Jett

See my post above
Jett
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Mar 2 2022, 07:04 PM) *

@Jett

See my post above

Thanks James! I sent an email and will call in the morning.

Cheers!
Jett
smile.gif well I have been fortunate to now have three NOS 2.0 TPS units in boxes. That said, the price tag was one arm and part of one leg sad.gif but I keep finding them smile.gif

We now have a 73 2.0 (Delphi), 74 2.0 BB, and 75 2.0 Palma … these three will find a home in each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.