Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Triple Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zoomCat
Looking for a combination gauge with fuel, oil temp, and oil pressure. Similar to this:

Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Guy,
Try John Bell (jbell959) on Pelican. I think he may make a small batch of these in the next month or two. It will help if you have any of the cores (good 914 fuel gauge case, oil press & temp pods), but not necessary I don’t think.
Good luck!

PCH
What is the history of these combination gauges? Were they factory for 914s or were they aftermarket? If they were factory, what years were they available?
dug
The 904 had a triple gauge. The 914 never came with one, but 3 of the individual gauge components will fit in a modified housing, so the face plate is the only part that has to be made to build one.
mepstein
QUOTE(PCH @ Mar 5 2022, 02:39 PM) *

What is the history of these combination gauges? Were they factory for 914s or were they aftermarket? If they were factory, what years were they available?

Used on 904’s and then some 914-6GT’s. Never factory in a regular 914 or six.
zoomCat
I've submitted the Google form that John uses, I haven't heard back yet.
I've got a factory gauge from a six, but I was trying to avoid using that as a donor.

QUOTE(bahnzai @ Mar 5 2022, 07:13 AM) *

Guy,
Try John Bell (jbell959) on Pelican. I think he may make a small batch of these in the next month or two. It will help if you have any of the cores (good 914 fuel gauge case, oil press & temp pods), but not necessary I don’t think.
Good luck!

mepstein
pray.gif

mepstein
A friend made one for me.
bahnzai
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Mar 5 2022, 05:49 PM) *

I've got a factory gauge from a six, but I was trying to avoid using that as a donor.

Guy,
Good luck!

Guy,
Don't use your original 6 gauge as a core, it is too rare. We can find a 914-4 fuel gauge core if John does not have one. That is the easy part. I think his price depends on what all you supply. Also he only builds them a couple of times a year when his son is home to do some of the specialty work.
FlacaProductions
I submitted an inquiry through the google form as well. Looking forward to hearing back from him - but I'm also in no rush.
Steve
John still makes them.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58970
DC_neun_vierzehn

Guy,
Good luck!

@zoomCat where did you find the Google form? I've searched jbell959 on Pelican Parts 914 Forum, but don't see any links in any of the posts. I'd love to put in an order as well.
zoomCat
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Mar 6 2022, 09:14 PM) *

Guy,
Good luck!

@zoomCat where did you find the Google form? I've searched jbell959 on Pelican Parts 914 Forum, but don't see any links in any of the posts. I'd love to put in an order as well.

He’s usually in the 911 forum.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ombo-gauge.html

PCH
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 5 2022, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(PCH @ Mar 5 2022, 02:39 PM) *

Used on 904’s and then some 914-6GT’s. Never factory in a regular 914 or six.

Thank you! I've been wondering, they seem to come for sale from time to time.
zoomCat
I've contacted John and he's putting a gauge together for me. I'm now looking for cores, John has presented a couple of options.

"Option 1: Use a pre-74 silver button 911 Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge and a 74-on 914 fuel gauge.
Option 2: Use a pre-74 silver button 914 Fuel Gauge and a 74-77 911 Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge

Option 2 makes for a little cleaner gauge but it's getting hard to find the 74-77 911 Oil Gauges for a reasonable price."

I've seen some nice looking examples on eBay, but all I need is a core and I was hoping for something less than $250 for the 911 oil temp/pressure gauge. I'll post something a little simpler as well.
DC_neun_vierzehn
I'm working with JB, too, but on a dual gauge (adding oil pressure to my fuel gauge in place of the parking brake and making the parking just a round light like the G and oil lights. I already have a temp gauge in my center console and like the idea of being able to keep the console stock and swap a stock fuel gauge back if I ever want/need to flip it back.
John
I've made many of these. They were never factory. There was once upon a time a 914 gauge, but that's not really what I've assembled.

I start with a stock fuel gauge and stock 911 temp and pressure gauges. I make a faceplate with windows for the idiot lights and the faces of the fuel-temp-pressure.

I use the standard VDO lights and light tubes so they look like they could be stock VDO gauges.

I like them and still have some plates left over from when I had more time. They tend to be on the pricey side so they don't sell well, and donor gauges seem to keep going up in price. There are many options including rotated numbers, no numbers, etc. I've done some that had different temp ranges and different pressure ranges. Never knew there were so many versions of the 911 temp and pressure gauges.

Here is an example without silver center and with just the standard faces of the 911 donor gauge used.

Click to view attachment

I doubt I will have time to make a gauge until fall 2022.

mepstein
The gauge panel sitting on the red 962 bodywork is one that Timmothy made me from John’s kit. If you add up the cost of the kit, the gauges and the labor, it’s not hard to see why the gauge companies are charging $1k for a triple gauge.
jbell959
I'm gearing up to build another batch of triple and quad gauges. I'd like to finalize a list before Thanksgiving so I can have all the parts machined over the holidays and build the gauges in Jan/Feb.

If you're interested in a quad or triple gauge please fill out the form and I'll get back to you with an estimate and any questions.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe...orm?usp=sf_link

Here are some from the last batch.

ric birks
QUOTE(dug @ Mar 5 2022, 01:48 PM) *

The 904 had a triple gauge. The 914 never came with one, but 3 of the individual gauge components will fit in a modified housing, so the face plate is the only part that has to be made to build one.

Click to view attachment Ding ding! You are correct! sunglasses.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ric birks @ Nov 4 2022, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(dug @ Mar 5 2022, 01:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment Ding ding! You are correct! sunglasses.gif

I’m having jbell959 build me one. I already have the green gauge tach and speedo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.