Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914/6packer
ADMIN EDIT

Scammer: Peter Johantgen Estes Park, Colorado

Primarily deals with 914 and 912 parts
Mostly sells on the Samba, eBay "356bb246"
Pelican "914/6packer"
Peterjobuzz@yahoo.com

FS: 1970 914/6 Matching Numbers

1970 914/6 Porsche, modified.

Price: $90,000

This 914/6 was purchased from Dr. Sam Wang in 1978 in California. The motor was modified in 1976 by Peter Zimmermann the owner of Red Line Porsche in Santa Monica. The original 2.0 six was converted to a 2.4S (2.4 crank, 2.4 rods, 2.2 S P's & C's with S distributor. 1983 the gearbox was converted to an LSD side shifter, also front adjust sway-bar thru chassis under gas tank. 1986 GT oil cooler installed using aero quip thru the rocker panels, a factory thermostat and re-routing all lines to and from motor with aero quip (this is not using a sandwich plate on the oil filter, this is the proper way to add the oil cooler.

The car was up-dated at 109,700 miles:

1. New dash.
2. Reinforced chassis trailing arm mounts.
3. Reinforced wheel well mounts.
4. Moved battery to right front trunk.
5. Installed battery cut-off switch in engine compartment.
6. Installed a 911 8000 RPM tach and oit temp/pressure gauge.
7. Installed 911 S brakes and 1985 Carrera rears with braided brake lines.
8. New rear wheel bearings.
9. Installed turbo tie rods.
10. New Momo steering wheel.
11. Motor: Completely rebuilt by Chris Powell in Bellevue, Washington, former Chief Mechanic for Bruce Leven's 935's & 962's race team. Chris's German Auto.

a. New main Bearings
b. New rod bearings
c. New oil pump
d. New rod bolts
e. New 2.2 "S" P's & C's
f. Complete head & valve work including race springs
g. Re-ground cams to E sport
h. Carrera valve covers
i. New S clutch, pressure plate & throw-out bearing
j. Installed HPV-1 Electromotive Crank-fire ignition system
k. New updated cam tensioners to late hydraulics
l. New Moroso (high temp - high voltage) spark plug wires
m. New Webber 40 IDA Carbs
n. New K&N filters
o. Installed New European GEORGE headers

Matching Numbers. Increased HP 2.4 S with E sport cams. @ 2.4 crank 2.4 rods, 2.2S P&C's, built by Chris Powell, Bellevue WA. Gearbox converted to side shifter and LSD (Limited Slip). GT oil cooler aero-quip with fac.thermostat front of car, proper way. New dash, reinforced trailing arms & wheel well mounts. 911S aluminum & Carrera brakes. Tub, zero rust on chassis, garaged. Three owner's from new.

Original Tool kit, books and receipts.

Mileage: 113,725

Exterior Color: White

Interior Color: Black

Tub: ZERO RUST, GARAGED ALL OWNERS

Paint condition: Small dent on hood, some nicks and scratches.
Motor condition, Very Good. No leaks.
Cairo94507
Please post pictures of the car and if possible a video of it running. welcome.png
mtndawg
How do you have a price tag of 90k and no photos?
BENBRO02
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Mar 12 2022, 04:48 PM) *

How do you have a price tag of 90k and no photos?

agree.gif
gcrotvik
Seller has 0 posts. Maybe new to the World, maybe not...
gcrotvik
A quick search of "Sam Wang 914-6" brings up these posts:

http://smclassiccars.com/porsche/646056-19...6-matching.html

http://www.tvsonline.net/dfink/914/ Price - $29,995

https://www.etsy.com/listing/708759892/pors...see-ad-for-info
MM1
So 30k price increased to 90k?

What new items/rebuilds are factored into the increase?
Craigers17
First off, let me start by saying that I'm NOT advocating for this seller, or even saying he's legit. I would like to know what we are calling a Scammer. Are we saying this guy isn't real? Are we agreeing he is real, but doesn't have the merchandise he claims to? Are we saying he's a difficult guy to deal with? Are we saying that he is asking way to much for cars he does own and is trying to sell? Or are we saying that he is real, but his identity has been stolen and someone else is trying to pass themselves off as him in order to scam people?

Sadly, people are buying 914's all the time now and reselling them for outrageous prices. Am I ever going to pay $90K for a Porsche 914? Hell no, but you see it all the time on BAT.

Personally, I BELIEVE, this guy is real and does have(or at least did have) the cars he purports to have. I think we have members here in North Carolina that can at least vouch for him being a real person and having many 914's....at least at one time. I THINK he used to be in the same area as John Forbes, @Naro914 , etc. Then again, maybe I have him confused with someone else.

At any rate, I THINK he is the guy selling this car on EBAY right now. Due Diligence should be done to 100% verify this information, but it looks like the same guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384749332030?hash=...lAAAOSwWTxiFWg8

I'm not trying to be a dick here, or imply that this is the guy that I would by my next 914 from. I'm just trying to figure out why he has been labeled a Scammer. All this being said, I have the utmost respect for our Admins, and generally trust their judgement....it's like being an I.T. Director.....no one ever thanks you when everything is working fine, but he's the first one to hear about it when someone's computer has the smallest glitch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Mar 14 2022, 04:32 AM) *
I would like to know what we are calling a Scammer.

@Craigers17
A quick search on google reveals that he has a history of scamming people out of their money.

Not sure what else you need? Also not sure why you are promoting him by adding additional links to things he's selling elsewhere?
confused24.gif
MM1
Thank you, as always, Andy.

I don’t need to know if this person is a scammer, in order to believe that there’s a “special” place - somewhere near the 9th circle of Dante’s Inferno for all who are . . .scammers.

To them, I say, have “fun” next to this one devil.gif
davep
Currently on eBay selling a Deposit on the car; no wonder it smells like a scam
VIN: 9140432040

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115782287272?_trkp...675.c101224.m-1
930cabman
If it smells like a _______ (you fill in the blank), it probably is a _______

ranger
I know Peter,he was a friend of a friend, thats how I meet him, and yes
he knew everyone in the Denver NC Click.He wanted to see my creamcicle
while at my shop,he asked to take a pic of the car,I said ok, did'nt think anythink
of it. a week or two l
ater I see the pic of my car on Ebay Peter was using the pic of my car to sell his creamcicle.
after a very direct email my car pic was taken off Ebay.....
I don't trust him, I personally would not do any business with him.
I'm Ranger on 914 world, and RIX914 parts in the other world.......
Front yard mechanic
Sam wang lol-2.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ May 2 2023, 03:40 PM) *

Sam wang lol-2.gif

^^^^Wasn't he in Caddy Shack?
rhodyguy
The eBay ad is the weirdest one I’ve seen. Not quite sure what it means. A non refundable deposit? Is this to secure the right to bid on the car? Grifters warrant a long rope. Much suckage on EBay.
flat4guy
actually says NONE refundable. haha
davep
Now on The Samba:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2576325
Retroracer
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 18 2023, 07:07 AM) *

"Cash, silver, bank transfer."

I often pay for all my groceries in pieces of silver. Some places are funny about accepting it though.

- Tony
Bullethead
QUOTE(davep @ Apr 28 2023, 10:05 AM) *

Currently on eBay selling a Deposit on the car; no wonder it smells like a scam
VIN: 9140432040

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115782287272?_trkp...675.c101224.m-1

And the service booklet has the VIN 9140431855. Clever, this one.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.