Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: Lower screws for the back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mmichalik
Hi everyone,
I can not find these in the PET so, I don't know what the part number is to reorder. There's supposed to be 4 or 5, across the bottom of the back pad to keep it in place.
Does anyone have any for sale or know the part #?
(This one is a bit beat up but should be enough to get the idea)
dlee6204
I don’t know the size off the top of my head but That screw is just a regular sheet metal screw. The “shoulder” you see there is actually a separate piece that is secured on the back pad. The two often corrode together and become one.
76-914
I'll look tomorrow but I thought it was a machine screw that goes thru the metal thimble and into the bulkhead. confused24.gif
FJ1200
The screw is a metric sheet metal screw. #12 is REALLY close. The thimbles are unobtanium. I was able to get dimensions from Dr.914 and made a set on the lathe. See attached.

HTH

DanClick to view attachment
FJ1200
I just realized, I took that picture before I de-burred the, sloppy on my part. Suffice it to say all edges were chamfered. confused24.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(FJ1200 @ Mar 13 2022, 07:47 PM) *

I just realized, I took that picture before I de-burred the, sloppy on my part. Suffice it to say all edges were chamfered. confused24.gif

@FJ1200 Do you have any extra's that you would be willing to sell? smile.gif
GregAmy
It's there primarily to keep you from over-tightening the screws.

Unless you're doing a concourse restoration (stop doing that to 914s) then you can get some aluminum tubing from a hardware store and some small washers and make it yourself.
Robarabian
Maybe some small Riv Nuts... don't squish them, but they have a similar shape. Haven't tried it yet, but at least one of my cars is missing the same items.
mmichalik
@GregAmy and @Robarabian - those are some great ideas. Not a concourse but definitely a 90% restoration.
I think one of these two solutions will be the winner.
DLewis
I think I have some of those but I am not home right now to look.
I will check on monday if you still need them.
Dean
Mikey914
Guys we have the aluminum sleeves. I'll work on getting these posted up. along with the screws.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.