Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk inner seal causing trunk to "bow"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Front trunk aligns and closes with good gaps. Install the main outer seal, still good. Install the seal between fuel tank area and spare tire area and the trunk will bow.

I pulled the inner seal out for now. Used a scope camera and can see what looks like a pretty even 1/4" gap with inner seal removed. Use the camera again with inner seal installed and I can see the trunk rest down on the seal, but not compress it enough.

It's a 914Rubber seal. Same front to back, rear trunk seal seems just fine.

Any experience with this? Anyone?

confused24.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 17 2022, 02:27 PM) *

Front trunk aligns and closes with good gaps. Install the main outer seal, still good. Install the seal between fuel tank area and spare tire area and the trunk will bow.

I pulled the inner seal out for now. Used a scope camera and can see what looks like a pretty even 1/4" gap with inner seal removed. Use the camera again with inner seal installed and I can see the trunk rest down on the seal, but not compress it enough.

confused24.gif

It’s a known problem. The stock seal is lower and doesn’t cause the trunk lid to bow.
sholman5
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 17 2022, 04:27 PM) *

confused24.gif

I had the same problem. Pull the seal off and put the right side on the left and left on the right. Basically it is on backwards. Worked for me.
914Mels
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 17 2022, 01:27 PM) *

confused24.gif

Noticed the front hood was sitting higher after putting in the new 914 rubber seal. Tried it both ways in the channel but it's too tall. put it in a couple months ago but it's not compressing. For now I just pulled it out, I might try to modify it but not sure short of cutting the flap part of what could be done. The front edge fits fine on the bumper.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(914Mels @ Mar 17 2022, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 17 2022, 01:27 PM) *

confused24.gif

Noticed the front hood was sitting higher after putting in the new 914 rubber seal. Tried it both ways in the channel but it's too tall. put it in a couple months ago but it's not compressing. For now I just pulled it out, I might try to modify it but not sure short of cutting the flap part of what could be done. The front edge fits fine on the bumper.

Yup, same here, might wind up getting a universal seal that's softer and shorter or more shallow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.