Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound proofing doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Is it worth the effort to install sound proof mat on the inside of the doors?
mepstein
I believe so. It doesn't have to cover the entire area to be effective.
RJMII
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 25 2022, 09:03 AM) *

Is it worth the effort to install sound proof mat on the inside of the doors?

the sound deadening material like kilmat, fatmat, noico, etc that's dense rubbery material absorbs a lot of vibration when applied correctly.

it should be on the inside of the door skin, to be most effective.
mlindner
RJM, yes also and easy to do. Don't worry about the safety bar if you have later doors, just get in on the big flat areas and stay about a inch up from the bottom so all water drains out. Best, Mark
friethmiller
I agree. I used my extra Kilmat sheets (odds and ends) from the interior to do both doors. You don't need full coverage. I just got what I could with what I had available. Makes a difference!

Click to view attachment
mb911
I used noico it really makes a difference.
vintagethunder
My '71 has that spray on type undercoating inside the doors. Is that not the way it was delivered?

Tom
Cairo94507
Yes, they came with some spray-on undercoating on the inside fo the doors. But technology has come a long way- the stick-on sound deadening stuff is easy to apply and works great. Apply it to the inside of your doors as mentioned and you will be surprised how much quieter the car is. Also, when you shut the door you will hear the difference too. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.