Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Subaru engine cradle, 5MT spool locker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jamlip
Looking for a Subaru engine cradle and 5MT spool locker.

I'm in Palm Springs, CA
mgp4591
QUOTE(jamlip @ Mar 29 2022, 10:02 PM) *

I'm in Palm Springs, CA

Ian Megale over at coldwater914.com is the guy for a cradle. He may have information on a transmission as well. Great product, great guy
jamlip
Unfortunately cannot get a reply out Ian. His product looks lovely, but I just want to crack on now.

Im sorted for a spool, so now just hunting down the engine cradle.

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 30 2022, 11:34 AM) *

I'm in Palm Springs, CA

Ian Megale over at coldwater914.com is the guy for a cradle. He may have information on a transmission as well. Great product, great guy
mepstein
QUOTE(jamlip @ Mar 31 2022, 02:12 AM) *

Unfortunately cannot get a reply out Ian. His product looks lovely, but I just want to crack on now.

Im sorted for a spool, so now just hunting down the engine cradle.

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Mar 30 2022, 11:34 AM) *

I'm in Palm Springs, CA

Ian seems like a nice guy with some good products but goes dark. Sometimes for years at a time.
waltonsm
If you decide you want to build your own cradle, I would be happy to help answer any questions or concerns about what I did. I would make it slightly different now that I have moved the engine up and forward about .5” from where I started. I could have pretty easily built this one without a tube bender and a couple of more welds. You Could probably do it in a long weekend with an angle grinder and a stick welder. Using rectangular tube and angle would make it even easier.

Post 14 is where the cradle fab is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...46435&st=0#

Steve
jamlip
Thanks Steve. Great work on a beautiful car. The photos are enormously helpful.

I own a decent MIG, which I use all the time, so building a cradle myself would be no issue. Was looking to buy purely for time-vs-money reasons.

At the same time, you made it look pretty simple. Perhaps I should.

QUOTE(waltonsm @ Mar 31 2022, 03:16 PM) *

If you decide you want to build your own cradle, I would be happy to help answer any questions or concerns about what I did. I would make it slightly different now that I have moved the engine up and forward about .5” from where I started. I could have pretty easily built this one without a tube bender and a couple of more welds. You Could probably do it in a long weekend with an angle grinder and a stick welder. Using rectangular tube and angle would make it even easier.

Post 14 is where the cradle fab is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...46435&st=0#

Steve

jamlip
Hi again Steve. Just read the entire thread and wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. Venting the rad through the headlight buckets is inspired, and the car looks like a load of fun lifted on those knobbly tires. Top work thumb3d.gif
waltonsm
Thank you! I was hoping to contribute a few ideas here after all the other inspiration I got from this site.

If you want any more pictures or details let me know. Also, let me know well in advance of tuning. I will have notes depending on what you plan to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.