Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fikse fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I really want to buy a set for my car as maybe every other summer thing. I like the look. Would these fit my GT bodied car? I think they would but wanted to confirm.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...sc-carrera.html
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 3 2022, 05:16 AM) *

I really want to buy a set for my car as maybe every other summer thing. I like the look. Would these fit my GT bodied car? I think they would but wanted to confirm.

Ben,

Check the back spacing of the wheels. I bought a set and had them restored locally.
When I tested fitted them to my brothers GT style 914 the rears where super tight on the outer edge of the fender lip. The fronts where ok just rear issue. My set is 7.5x17 & 9x17.
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 3 2022, 04:58 AM) *

Ben,

Check the back spacing of the wheels. I bought a set and had them restored locally.
When I tested fitted them to my brothers GT style 914 the rears where super tight on the outer edge of the fender lip. The fronts where ok just rear issue. My set is 7.5x17 & 9x17.

Luke,

Did you buy new or used? I was just wondering if you were able to spec them out?
carr914
You can buy new Hoops to change the BS

I've got 2 sets for my S2. Great Wheels!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
Good news is you can add spacing for the look you want..
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 3 2022, 06:23 AM) *

Ben,

Luke,

Did you buy new or used? I was just wondering if you were able to spec them out?

Ben,

I got the set used over on Pelican. The wheels came off a 86 911 Carrera and was told fit under the stock fenders. The fronts seam to clear without any tires on the wheels. I'm pretty sure the rears will not fit once the tires are mounted. I'll post a few pics on Monday.
mb911
QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 3 2022, 04:00 PM) *

Ben,

Luke,

Ben,

I got the set used over on Pelican. The wheels came off a 86 911 Carrera and was told fit under the stock fenders. The fronts seam to clear without any tires on the wheels. I'm pretty sure the rears will not fit once the tires are mounted. I'll post a few pics on Monday.

Ok
Steve
8x17 5-130mm (19mm) $700.00 Each 225x45x17
9x17 5-130mm (6mm) $725.00 Each 245x40x17
These are my Fikse FM10 and how much I paid for them new many years ago.
BIGKAT_83
Same size as Steves wheels and fit fine with 255/40/17 on the rear and 235/45 on the front. The prices Steve posted have increased almost to double.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Apr 3 2022, 09:00 PM) *

Same size as Steves wheels and fit fine with 255/40/17 on the rear and 235/45 on the front. The prices Steve posted have increased almost to double.

Funny, I mentioned to Ben both your car and Steve’s looked really good with the wheels.
sixnotfour
fuchs offset chart works no matter the dia.. The 15inch x9 offset not so much,, the 16 offset x 9 pretty much all GT flairs..
Steve
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Apr 3 2022, 06:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I was also running your size tires, but when I switched from race tires to Michelin pilot sport tires, the curb rib on the tires were rubbing on the fender, so I downsized a bit.
Luke M
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 3 2022, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 3 2022, 04:00 PM) *

Ben,

Luke,

Ben,

Ok

Ben,

Posted pics of the wheels. As you can see these are a tight fit. Other set is factory Fuchs 9x16 with 245-50-16 tires. Just as a comparison. The fuchs fit but tight also. I would need to roll the fender lip for a little extra room. The alignment has yet to be set as well so the fitment may change.
mb911
Wow close. OK good to know.. these are on my short list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.