Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 brakes on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Radio2115
My 914 has the larger 911 brakes. However I'm confused by what the caliper ID's may mean as they are all different on each wheel. The left rear is ATE 4, The right rear is ATE 10, the left front is ATE 284 while the right front is ATE 282. Is this correct or should the front caliper id's match each other as well as the rear? I'm going to need to replace pads at some point and would like to know if this setup is correct?
sixnotfour
measure rotor width / thickness...easy indicator of what you have..
porschetub
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 4 2022, 11:47 AM) *

measure rotor width / thickness...easy indicator of what you have..

agree.gif solid rotor ,vented rotor ?? (there are 2 types I believe ) alloy or cast iron calipers ? do you have 911 rear handbrake setup ?,mine are 24mm 911 Carrera with 944T 4 piston calipers.
A well sorted system stock will be fine even with upgraded engine to a point, my car was setup for 220hp but with my setup stops real good with a lot less power.
Post some pics of your setup and you will get answers,cheers
sixnotfour
oops
bdstone914
QUOTE(Radio2115 @ Apr 3 2022, 03:30 PM) *

My 914 has the larger 911 brakes. However I'm confused by what the caliper ID's may mean as they are all different on each wheel. The left rear is ATE 4, The right rear is ATE 10, the left front is ATE 284 while the right front is ATE 282. Is this correct or should the front caliper id's match each other as well as the rear? I'm going to need to replace pads at some point and would like to know if this setup is correct?

You are probably looking at cavity numbers. Most pictures of them or look on PMB website to natch to what you have.
PatMc
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 3 2022, 11:09 PM) *

You are probably looking at cavity numbers. Most pictures of them or look on PMB website to natch to what you have.

This.

Ate casting numbers are not useful in identifying what calipers you have...they simply refer to whatever tool pattern/core was used to cast them...more for production tracking than anything else.

take some pictures of the front side and backsides of your calipers

Shivers
Does sound like casting numbers, but the numbers could be different from side to side because you can have right and left caliper.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Shivers @ Apr 4 2022, 04:44 AM) *

Does sound like casting numbers, but the numbers could be different from side to side because you can have right and left caliper.

The castings are the same side to side. The only difference is the location of tbe drilled bleeder hole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.