Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route Sixty-Six Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Calling: @burton73 @Chris914n6 @Coondog @mgp4591 #Elliot Cannon and @AnybodyElseWhoMightBeInterestedInJoining.

Let's figure out a plan for the traditional Vegas to Route 66 Caravan. MDB2.gif Thursday morning April 21st. . . . .

Meet in Las Vegas for Breakfast. 8:00 am. chowtime.gif Where ? ?

9:14 am Departure. (About 5 hours / 300 miles)

Pick up refugees in Kingman 1 1/2 hours later. Where ? ?

Direct or Alternate Route ? ?

confused24.gif All suggestions are welcome. idea.gif
76-914
I'll be there in Spirit, driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
burton73
Mark and I will be there for sure. We will let you figure out the details. Getting closer bud

Best

Bob B
Chris914n6
It would be nice to see the 916 at Patrick. Otherwise my day is open.

I could eat breakfast in Kingman or ?? if we need to meetup with fellow travelers.

Who do we have coming thru Vegas this year? Calling @jrust

Probably 93 straight thru unless we find a reason to visit Prescott.

We could take the long way thru Havasu and meet the Socal Caravan in Blythe. Adds about 2 hr. I assume they would take the straight shot on 10. Patrick is off the 10.
mgp4591
My wife used to live down in Phoenix so we're heading down on Tuesday to see her view of the city and her old haunts...we'll be taking the 89 all the way down. We'll see you all at Wills place!
VegasRacer
@Chris914n6 beerchug.gif It looks like it will be just you and I from Sin City.
I think we will be picking up Elliot in Kingman. black914.jpg black914.jpg black914.jpg
Oh, smile.gif . . . . and there will be this red Targa following us. driving.gif Mark -pilot. Bob - copilot. @burton73 burnout914.jpg
(I do not think we will lose them. I am confident he can out run us, plus he has all wheel drive. burro.gif Not to mention that I couldn't even gap him going into Oatman. clap56.gif )

How about breakfast in Vegas and lunch in Prescot ?
We can take 93 part way and then the fun road at Bagdad, thru Skull Valley.

I'm not sure what time Mike @MoveQik is expecting us?
It would be nice to check into our hotel and clean up before the BBQ and Shenanigans.
(I want to be sure to look nice for Kathy. )
Chris914n6
Sounds like a plan.
burton73
We are up for whatever you guys want o do. Night before seeing the Beatles (Love) and dinner at massive seafood at Bouchon at The Venetian (10th floor)

Bob B Burton and Mark Sonners buds for 60 years. We have made a lot of trouble
from the poor side of Beverly Hills

piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif
MoveQik
You guys can arrive anytime Thursday!
Chris914n6
@VegasRacer your house is on the way out of town if you want to pick a spot by you to meet & eat

I've got a buddy in Prescott I'll hit up for some lunch ideas
VegasRacer
Einstein Bros. Bagels. 9480 S Eastern Ave, Eastern and 215. chowtime.gif
There is a Crepe Expectations right next door if you want to get fancy or sit outside.
We can decide when we get there. confused24.gif Parking is the same.

It is the parking lot where they have Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings.
grasshopper914.jpg coffee.gif

Eat at 8:14.
driving.gif Drive at 9:14.
VegasRacer
For lunch I was thinking Bistro St. Michael. 205 W Gurley St.
Right on the corner of the Courthouse Square.

Chris914n6
Yelp says they close at 2pm. Might not make it in time. @VegasRacer
VegasRacer
MapQuest says a little over 4 hours by our route. We are not picking up Elliot in Kingman.
We can roll out when we finish eating breakfast and don't have to wait till 9:14.
Chris914n6
My 914 is out. Pretty sure it's been early stages of head gasket leak this whole time and I finally pushed it enough last night to confirm.

Rather not drive the PartsFinder again if someone has a Porsche (or something sporty) that I can borrow?
ConeDodger
Breakfast at Blueberry Hill?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 19 2022, 06:28 AM) *

Breakfast at Blueberry Hill?

I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill.
We get our kicks on Route 66.
Eating breakfast at 215 and Eastern.
VegasRacer
Well, it looks like it is down to just you and me Bob. @burton73
. . . . and of course, your Hot Shoe Chauffer, Mark. driving.gif

See ya' for Breakfast @ 8am Thursday Morning. black914.jpg red914.jpg
ThinAir
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 5 2022, 06:20 PM) *

My wife used to live down in Phoenix so we're heading down on Tuesday to see her view of the city and her old haunts...we'll be taking the 89 all the way down. We'll see you all at Wills place!

FYI - US 89 is currently closed northeast of Flagstaff because of a wildfire that started earlier today. No info on when it might reopen so you may need to figure out an alternate route unless you managed to squeak through before they closed it.
Chris914n6
Making it official. I won't be attending. Have fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.