Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug studs for minilite rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
g911
I am trying to find some lug studs for a set of minilite rims. The hole through the rim is just under 16 mm. My guess is ~15.5 +/-0.2mm. The rim is close to 25 mm thick. Thread end would be 14 mm 1.5. I was thinking of a thread in stud to use regular lug nuts but the shank part that would fit into the rim would require enlarging the hole in the rim. Any help or sources would be appreciated.
mepstein
I have a set. Just have to find them. Give me a day or two and check in with a pm. Thanks mark
Van B
can I ask why you want studs instead of those bolts?
g911
I want the bolts. I was exploring all options. I tried contacting Minilite America, but have not been successful in getting a response.
jrmdir
I did a search and ran across this place. No mention of Porsche but they should know Minilites pretty well. Could be an info resource?

http://www.speedshack.co.uk/Wheelnuts.htm

EDIT: Actually they do mention Porsche at the bottom.

WHEELNUTS, WHEEL NUTS, WHEELBOLTS, LONGER WHEELSTUDS, LOCKNUTS / LOCKBOLTS AND WHEELSPACERS SUPPLIED FOR :

ALFA ROMEO / AUDI / BMW / CATERHAM / CHEVROLET - GM / CHRYSLER / CITROEN / MOST TYPES OF CLASSIC CARS / DAEWOO / DAIHATSU / DODGE / DUTTON / FIAT / FORD / HOLDEN / HYUNDAI / ISUZU / JAGUAR / KIA / LADA / LANCIA / LAND ROVER / LEXUS / LOCOST / LOTUS / MAZDA / MERCEDES / MG / MITSUBISHI / MORGAN / NISSAN / OPEL / PEUGEOT / PORSCHE / PROTON / RENAULT / ROVER / RANGE ROVER / SAAB / SEAT / SKODA / SUBARU / SUZUKI / TOYOTA / TVR / VAUXHALL / VOLKSWAGEN VW BEETLE TRANSPORTER BUS T2 T2.5 T3 T4 T5/ VOLVO

sixnotfour
new minis use different lug nut config..
71six
QUOTE(g911 @ Apr 7 2022, 09:59 AM) *

I am trying to find some lug studs for a set of minilite rims. The hole through the rim is just under 16 mm. My guess is ~15.5 +/-0.2mm. The rim is close to 25 mm thick. Thread end would be 14 mm 1.5. I was thinking of a thread in stud to use regular lug nuts but the shank part that would fit into the rim would require enlarging the hole in the rim. Any help or sources would be appreciated.

Hi,
If you still need the Minilite wheel studs I have 15 which were purchased from Brad Mayeur in March 2020. I went a different route and installed threaded wheel studs with shank type wheel bolts.
g911
I have pm’d mepstein, 71six and sent an email to speedshack, thanks jrmdir. I will update status. Thanks for continued help and leads.
mepstein
QUOTE(g911 @ Apr 11 2022, 01:20 PM) *

I have pm’d mepstein, 71six and sent an email to speedshack, thanks jrmdir. I will update status. Thanks for continued help and leads.

Sorry, I'm still looking.
71six
Hi Gary,
I sent you a PM concerning the wheel studs.
Mark
71six
Picture of the shank wheel studs for Minilite wheels, 14mm shank depth.Click to view attachment
71six
QUOTE(71six @ Apr 11 2022, 02:40 PM) *

Picture of the shank wheel studs for Minilite wheels, 14mm shank depth.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
g911
Yes that is what I am looking for. I will PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.