Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaupunkt face plate mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Dumb question about mounting the vinyl covered face plate for my Blaupunkt. Is the face plate only held into place with double face tape or with additional mounting nuts to the radio shafts? I have all the miscellaneous parts / pieces, as in the photo below, the problem is that there doesn’t appear to be enough exposed threads on the radio shafts when the radio is mounted to install additional mounting nuts if they’re needed. The only thing holding the face plate in-place would be the double face tape and the radio knobs....is that correct.
914Sixer
Brackets on the right support and hold shafts. Two rear C brackets support the rear, So, the face plate is just for cover. There was another version of face plate with small holes. I like the small hole best but you are good to go.

Really rare installation kit.
jdamiano
I just pieced together all those same parts to install my radio. You should be good to go. The plate doesn’t need any tape. It is held in place by the radio.
rgalla9146
The double face foam tape positions the panel accurately......square to the heat/vent
control panel and level with its surface.
DC_neun_vierzehn
@Cal

Nice score. Where did you land that kit? eBay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.