Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help needed on a part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello Everyone,
In the process of moving my fuel pump up front to the 75-76 style. Once the tank was out I found this (to the right of the blister panel and bracket) little rectangular rubber pad beneath it. Ill be damned if I can find where it goes. I would assume its bumper of some sorts down there. Please chime in if you know where it goes.

Also, does anybody have an extra set of 75-76 fuel pump rubber mounts that goes between the blister cover and the bracket, Or the part number so I can get a set?

Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
OK Guys,
Pelican had the rubber bushings and a new fuel pump clamp, they are on order.
Still need to know where the rectangular rubber pad goes????
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
jim_hoyland
Between the pump and the bracket; it’s a damper…. smile.gif
mxkinn01
Hey Jim,
Thanks for the reply. But since mine is a 73 with the pump in rear I wouldn't think one of those would be underneath the tank. I will be cutting a hole where the blister panel will go to update to the 75-76 position and pump. I kinda thought it was some type of bumper for the tank in addition to the factory felt pads????
I'm stumped as to where it goes.
I also found 5 omega air box clips (PITA to put back on) and that small rectangle rubber pad just hanging out under the tank down by the fuel lines. Obviously someone had been in there before. I'm counting on this fuel pump relocation to eliminate the vapor lock issues I have every summer.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ May 4 2022, 09:39 PM) *

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the reply. But since mine is a 73 with the pump in rear I wouldn't think one of those would be underneath the tank. I will be cutting a hole where the blister panel will go to update to the 75-76 position and pump. I kinda thought it was some type of bumper for the tank in addition to the factory felt pads????
I also found 5 omega air box clips (PITA to put back on) and that small rectangle rubber pad just hanging out under the tank down by the fuel lines. Obviously someone had been in there before. I'm counting on this fuel pump relocation to eliminate the vapor lock issues I have every summer.

My first thought was between the pump and the bracket but as noted it would not be found in a '73
Wasn't there a rubber pad under the half-round bulge on the air box and the body ?
......glued to the body as an anti-squeek ?
The air box clips can be opened with a circlip pliers and slid on from the side.
mxkinn01
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 5 2022, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ May 4 2022, 09:39 PM) *

Hey Jim,

My first thought was between the pump and the bracket but as noted it would not be found in a '73
Wasn't there a rubber pad under the half-round bulge on the air box and the body ?
......glued to the body as an anti-squeek ?
The air box clips can be opened with a circlip pliers and slid on from the side.

Hmmm. Didn't think of that. If that's where it goes, I'll just put in my spare part stash and glue it in there if I ever have the air box out. As of now it works fine and no squeaks.
Mikey914
I thought the one under the air box was a piece of perlon. Let me know if I'm wrong on that. It's been awhile.
Mark
Root_Werks
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 4 2022, 05:51 PM) *

Between the pump and the bracket; it’s a damper…. smile.gif

Yup, mine doesn't have that little square pad and you can tell.
rgalla9146
Yes, it could have been perlon....not sure, but know I've seen something in that spot.
Mikey914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 5 2022, 06:51 PM) *

Yes, it could have been perlon....not sure, but know I seen something in that spot.

Agreed. My recollection is that it was about a 3"x5" piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.