Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev Limit Rotor failing:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
The mechanical rev-limiting rotor on my 914-6 2.7 is starting to fail. Not sure if sitting around for the 8 months did it in or just getting old?

For the stock 2.7 dist, I thought it was the Bosch 04033 non-limit rotor that could replace it?

Can anyone help confirm that? I don't need a rev-limit rotor.

https://www2.cip1.com/bos-04033/

Sort of thought the 04033 fit a ton of applications.
914Sixer
Yes, should fit with no trouble. It is rare a rev limiter would fail. Just a weighted spring to short out a selected speed.
pbanders
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 5 2022, 11:29 AM) *

Yes, should fit with no trouble. It is rare a rev limiter would fail. Just a weighted spring to short out a selected speed.

Agree. My suggestion is to use a cleaner like Deoxit to clean the limiter mechanism and contacts. My question to the OP is: how is it that you know it's failing? What's it doing?
silverg
My experience - 914/6 race car first time on track with MSD/high output coil destroyed rev limit rotor. Had to grab a rotor from a VW to continue on.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(silverg @ May 6 2022, 12:41 PM) *

My experience - 914/6 race car first time on track with MSD/high output coil destroyed rev limit rotor. Had to grab a rotor from a VW to continue on.

I believe that is what's happening to mine. Using the MSD coil and 6A series box.

It's been over time, would "shut off" spark just over 6K and more recently keeps shutting things down at slightly lower RPM's. The rotor is of unknown age. Ordered up a couple of 04033's along with caps for both my Bug and 914-6. I like to have a stock.

I don't have the 6AL, but this won't be a tracked car or driven abusively. Spirited yes, to limits, no.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.