Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Hello from the Hood River Inn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tdgray
Jeez Bruce...trip from HELL. Sorry to hear all this.

Oh well things could always be worse, it could be snowing biggrin.gif
Dan_F
Wow Bruce, that sucks.
You're going to have a pretty interesting story to tell about how you got the car.
davep
You really are the "King of Road Trips". I hope it gets better from here on. Too bad nobdy had one to ship to you.
IVGUY
Bruce
I was out camping for the weekend so I just got your message this morning when I returned. Sorry to hear about your car/clutch.Lets try again on Wednesday morning .Does your friend have tools and jackstands etc.?
Dan
GWN7
I stopped at Wallymart on the way to the airport and bought the jackstand/jack combo. Figure I might need them with this car . smile.gif

I get back to Kelowna around 4:30 and I hope I've got all the tools I will need, either with me or at my buddys place.

Dan, if you want to drop by I'll PM you the address. I should be there sometime after 5. There is a Red 914 in Pentiction forsale. It was parked along the highway (and no I didn't stop to look). smile.gif

beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
did you like the drive up the mighty columbia? being a tad late, any grief crossing over?

k
GWN7
The drive up the river was great. Except for the 107F temps in a Black car with Black interior.....can you say melted. biggrin.gif

I drank 9 bottles of water and didn't have to stop except for gas. huh.gif

US Customs was a treat. I pulled into the duty free shop at 6:30. Sign said open till 7, but they were gone and then the car didn't start. I had stopped for gas about 2 miles back and I think the optima dosen't take a full charge. It's either that or the guys that I payed $650 to fix the wiring who didn't tighten up the neg batery cable should be hit with a hammer. (Charging intermitently) headbang.gif

So I figure I'll walk across the street to US Customs, get the car cleared and call a tow truck. I faxed the paperwork to the border 5 days before (they want 72hrs). I go in, tell the guy why I'm there and the car needs a boost. He asks for my ID, paperwork and the key for the car. Then tells me to take a seat.

I'm sitting there for 20 min and a guy comes in who's exporting a car to Canada. The other guy at the counter looks at his paperwork, checks a fax, stamps his title and off he goes. 4 minuites. I'm still waiting......

Another 1/2 hr goes by and the guy who took my stuff comes back. He says the car has a new windshield and paint and the Vin number is stuck in the pillar post. I tell him that's where they are on theses cars and he could compare that number to the vin under the hood. He says he did.

He says the title I have isn't from the sellar. So I tell him the story of the car. (CA to TX to OR) Never registered in the other states so they never received a title from them.

He asks about the wiring loom in the trunk and spare ignition switch and the fact the ignition is hanging down in the car. So I tell him about the fire and how a buddy took those parts off his spare car so the place that fixed it could finish it, so I could get on the road and the switch end is hanging down because it takes an hour or more to take the collum apart to put it in and I want to get on the road.

He said he saw the bill for the repairs. This guy went thru everything in the car....Tells me to have a seat.....

He starts typing on his computer...another 10 min goes by and he says ok...stamps the title and then I can call a tow truck (he wouldn't let me call one till I was cleared). Hands me my pile of paperwork and I'm free. Just then a tow truck shows up to hook up to a car heading South that broke down. He gives me a boost for free (I gave him $20 to buy his dog a treat). Luck is changing? biggrin.gif

Then I get into the line to go thru Canada Customs. Usual questions when I get to the window. Come in with your paperwork..... I park and go in with the pile of papers I got back from the US side. While sorting them I find a Customs form for some other guys commercial load. I hand it to the gal from Canada Customs and ask her to take it to the US side and ask them if they needed that form.

Told her to tell them it was from the guy with the stolen Porsche. (explain my long stay at US Customs to her) smile.gif

Pay Canada Customs, they stamp my new papers from the D.O.T. Total time at Canada Customs 15 min.

They asked if the car had air.....I looked at her and said "do I look like a guy who just spent 8 hrs in a car with air?" Melted....... she laughed.... biggrin.gif

The cute gal at Canada Customs comes out to look at the car and I give her the $0.10 tour and I'm off.....
IVGUY
Hi Bruce
Red 914 in Penticton is for sale by Pat Jones a engineer at the hospital. Everyone told me about it last week but I could'nt find him or the car. I will check it out as I am working there tomorrow . He wants $7,000. I will take the camera and try and post a picture for the rest of the world to see. PM me your address and I'll be by on Wednesday nite to put a face to the name before you head home!!!
Dan
rhodyguy
holy crap!!! good thing you didn't have any produce in the car. 107* and black on black ohmy.gif . but it's a DRY heat biggrin.gif . i forgot to give you the heads up on thowing a light colored sheet over the interior. after you crest the rockies maybe you can coast most of the way home. smile.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.