Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What my new engine will look like
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
NARP74
Any update on the green monster? Finished, installed, running tuned?
StratPlayer
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 7 2022, 05:58 PM) *

The green motor is in the car and on the road.
NARP74
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jul 27 2022, 12:13 PM) *

Wow expensive air box 968.00

Around $900 US at the current conversion rate, not sure about shipping though. Pricey but really makes the engine compartment look tidy.
NARP74
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 7 2022, 06:26 PM) *

You are not usually a man of few words. Got more than that? How did the tuning go? How is it performing? Details...
PaulFV8
where did you get the carbon shroud for the 6? amazing work smile.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 8 2022, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 7 2022, 06:26 PM) *

You are not usually a man of few words. Got more than that? How did the tuning go? How is it performing? Details...

The tuning took some time, the car runs great from what I hear. The car is in Cal. that's about all I know about the car.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Dec 7 2022, 12:57 PM) *

Mine and Aarons are right next to yours on the bench So can't wait to get mine and get it installed. Should be really soon.

Zach

Zach your motor on the runup stand

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 9 2022, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Dec 7 2022, 12:57 PM) *

Mine and Aarons are right next to yours on the bench So can't wait to get mine and get it installed. Should be really soon.

Zach

Zach your motor on the runup stand

Very excited about that! This weekend I drove my car for the last time probably with the current motor. Need to start prepping the current 914 motor for the dune buggy.

Zach
StratPlayer
Update: This is how my motor is coming along..

StratPlayer
Before picture
JmuRiz
Exciting stuff…I’m glad you, Zach, and Aaron (my brother) we’re able to more cost effective engines than the route I took! biggrin.gif
76-914
I can't wait to see it Jim. At first glance I thought those were carb's. Post a video with sound when they do the break in. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
That looks great... Any concerns about trapping heat under the electronics cover?
I have a few electrical components that the mfg says should have airflow around them. I wanted to hide mine, too, and found that a bit of mesh added to the cover panel does the trick.
Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, just an observation and my curiosity.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 31 2022, 03:13 PM) *

Exciting stuff…I’m glad you, Zach, and Aaron (my brother) we’re able to more cost effective engines than the route I took! biggrin.gif

Careful now. You aren't going to let some hockey playing brother get his 914 done before you? Are you?!

drunk.gif poke.gif
Zach
JmuRiz
Of course I am, he’s having people do it and it’s tough to justify something that benefits just me and not the rest of the fam.
Now I SHOULD have eaten the bill and had some paid help years ago tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.