Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What my new engine will look like
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
StratPlayer
My engine is being built as we speak, should be ready in about 3 weeks. 2258 with a holley injection setup. System learns as you drive, come with a 3 1/2 inch monitor to monitor the system, monitor will stay in the glove box. I can't wait.
StratPlayer
One more
sb914
Looks fantastic. Your car is already amazing.
I’m green with envy over your tins . smoke.gif
JamesM
Jimmy getting the upgrades!!! Nice!

That throttle linkage is the icing on the cake there. Its the only way to run ITBs if you want consistant performance.

I am interested to see how well that Holly sniper setup tunes out when run with ITBs. It can be a complicated process to get drivability tuned in with large ITBs.

If that motor is built to the same specs as the one they put in Rod D's car it is going to be an absolute riot with injection.

Cant wait to see it
MM1
Definitely looking forward to some videos when this bad boy is running !
autopro
All I can say is WOW!!!!! wub.gif
Root_Werks
Damn that looks nice!
arvcube
Nice! What TBs are those?
windforfun
Wow. Fantastic. Sublime.

BTW, I was just playing mt Strat. I'm working on a SRV tune.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(arvcube @ May 13 2022, 02:53 PM) *

Nice! What TBs are those?

The TB's in the motor pictured are jenvey's. The TB's that will be installed on my motor will be Borla's
StratPlayer
QUOTE(windforfun @ May 13 2022, 02:55 PM) *

Wow. Fantastic. Sublime.

BTW, I was just playing mt Strat. I'm working on a SRV tune.

My Strat Bought it new in 1992 Strat Delux
tygaboy
So you're running a Holley Sniper ECU? I've run the HP and now the Dominator and I have a GREAT tuner. He can do remote tuning, too. We used this approach when I moved from ITBs to the single DBW throttle body/stock intake.
And the "self learning" thing is a bit of a misnomer. I'll assume you know what that's all about but if you're interested in more info, PM me. I can get you my tuner's contact info, too, if that's of interest.
Engine looks great! wub.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 13 2022, 01:29 PM) *

The TB's in the motor pictured are jenvey's. The TB's that will be installed on my motor will be Borla's

I take it back, the Borla TBs will be the icing on the cake. Thats going to be one trick looking setup, hidden injectors and all!

Since you are headed down the rabbit hole anyways, have you ever seen this setup?

https://www.ahnendorp.com/VW-Type-4---Porsc...d-Dellorto.html

Expensive for an air filter but super slick. Never personally ran one but its on my wish list if I ever install a motor large enough to require dual ITBs. Not sure if it would clear the rain tray.

76-914
Sexy looking bitch Jimbo. Love that green. Can't wait to see it run. What happened with the other engine. Did you blow it up?
914werke
Green!
just a critique but that location for the coil paks gets pretty hot!
Freezin 914
This is super cool……. popcorn[1].gif
FL000
Lookin sharp beerchug.gif
TRS63
Looking fantastic wub.gif
Antoine
brant
Amazing
rhodyguy
Enjoy. wink.gif 160+hp?
moto914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 13 2022, 02:45 PM) *

One more

Yes to the cable linkage.
The setup is similar to my 1.8 It was worth it.
Also planning on engine upgrades. Good luck moving forward.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(914werke @ May 13 2022, 07:37 PM) *

Green!
just a critique but that location for the coil paks gets pretty hot!

I kinda agree with the heat. My coil paks will be a lot higher from the case since there is plenty of room to do that.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 13 2022, 05:02 PM) *

So you're running a Holley Sniper ECU? I've run the HP and now the Dominator and I have a GREAT tuner. He can do remote tuning, too. We used this approach when I moved from ITBs to the single DBW throttle body/stock intake.
And the "self learning" thing is a bit of a misnomer. I'll assume you know what that's all about but if you're interested in more info, PM me. I can get you my tuner's contact info, too, if that's of interest.
Engine looks great! wub.gif

Thanks so much for the offer, who knows might take you up on it.
StratPlayer
More about the build, I've had the original case for the car laying around for years in a plastic bag that came from rimco when I sent the case off to be lined bored. That is the case we're using for this new motor since it's original to the car. All the internals will be new, new heads as well. Looking forward to this badass motor.
rhodyguy
Nickies?
r_towle
Sick
StratPlayer
PMB is fab'n up a cover for this 2258. I think it will look good a nice touch, will be painted the same as the tin.
JamesM
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 18 2022, 11:06 AM) *

PMB fab'n up a cover for this 2258. I think it will look good a nice touch, will be painted the same as the tin.

Should look awesome! Wondering if it might create an issue with heat for the components below it though? confused24.gif

Only one way to find out though!

StratPlayer
I talked with them about that issue, the coil paks are hearty according to them, the way they are mounted they will get plenty of air flow underneath, and between the coil paks. So i guess it shouldn't be a problem. We'll see.
Shivers
Louvers might look nice and let heat out. I like the cover idea. The throttle bodies are awesome
r_towle
I have not had great luck with cardboard cooling tin, it tends to retain oil.
StratPlayer
Progress pics on the green motor, the other motor is all carbon fiber going into a 911 this motor has a supercharger that goes on to it.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jun 1 2022, 12:45 PM) *

Progress pics on the green motor, the other motor is all carbon fiber going into a 911 this motor has a supercharger that goes on to it.

ohmy.gif clap56.gif 14.gif 309.gif tiphat2.gif
nathanxnathan
I like the bracket that holds the coil packs. Did you make it? — I guess form follows function but I have been putting together a holder for a fuel pressure regulator, a voltage spike filter for my Mallory distributor and a power distribution block, and it looks EXACTLY the same!
StratPlayer
QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Jun 1 2022, 02:08 PM) *

I like the bracket that holds the coil packs. Did you make it? — I guess form follows function but I have been putting together a holder for a fuel pressure regulator, a voltage spike filter for my Mallory distributor and a power distribution block, and it looks EXACTLY the same!

It was fab up by PMB
StratPlayer
Update on my engine. The long block is almost complete, push rod and valve geometry is next. 2258 Pics courtesy of PMB
StratPlayer
Update on a couple of 2258's being built. PMB
rgolia
Here is what the air filter looks like. Definitely reduces noise and looks outstanding

Click to view attachment
Badinfluence1
OMG So pretty...like Gawd. drooley.gif
Cairo94507
Love the builds. The air filter looks perfect. beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 26 2022, 03:09 PM) *

Here is what the air filter looks like. Definitely reduces noise and looks outstanding

Click to view attachment

Where did you get that air cleaner set up?
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like the CSP unit:

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/air-boxe...400-25560a.html
rgolia
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jul 27 2022, 01:23 PM) *

Yep - that is the one. Pricey but fits perfectly, was an easy install, and like I said reduces some of the carb noise, but not all of it....you can still hear them enough to make driving fun.

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Wow expensive air box 968.00
StratPlayer
Update: My motor is moving right along, won't be long before it gets installed, 2258 piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Mine and Aarons are right next to yours on the bench So can't wait to get mine and get it installed. Should be really soon.

Zach
Cairo94507
@stratplayer - That engine looks perfect. beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Dec 7 2022, 12:57 PM) *

Mine and Aarons are right next to yours on the bench So can't wait to get mine and get it installed. Should be really soon.

Zach

Your motor is on the runup stand now
beerchug.gif
TJB/914
wub.gif
Beautiful workmanship pray.gif
Tom
jim_hoyland
Wow, that’s fantastic.! Can’t wait to see it in Idylwild
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.