Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Questions Did I screw the pooch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
I have a Mid 80's 911 Boge strut housing part number 0 21 132 267. The threads are on the outside of the housing. I ordered B6 34-001127. It came with 914 strut collar, that is meant to thread into ine inside off the housing. The part number etched into the collar is 836 816 E2. Is there a way to order the correct co;;ar for a 911 strut housing?. Should I have ordered a 911 strut? Does anyone have the Bilstein part number?

Are the bump stops required or a delete? The installation instructions say delete.

My rear coil over kit from Ground Control wants the bump stop cut down. Again is this a delete, cut in half? I had no bump stops in the rear. If required is is anyone aware of a supplier?

Thanks in advace,

Carlos
914Sixer
Yes you can get the correct collar from Bilstein. They will not be cheap.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 20 2022, 08:06 AM) *

Yes you can get the correct collar from Bilstein. They will not be cheap.

Maybe just sell the 914 struts here on forum and then buy proper 911 struts if the nut turns out to be cost prohibitive ? confused24.gif

bump stops are internal to the Bilstien damper due to inverted damper construction.
Shivers
I went and looked and 68' to 85' is internal threads. The 1986 (like in the ad) has the threads on the outside. Any chance your distributor would just swap them out? With boge /bilstein inserts the bump stop is built inside the insert. The cutting you read about was probably about a bilstein strut, the bump is inside but accessible.

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1986/pors...rut_insert.html
mepstein
When I used to order for the shop through SSF, the inserts came with both types of caps. When I've purchased retail, they only seem to come with one. I think the caps are about $30-35 but when I've needed them, I've done a wtb on pelican and can usually get them cheap.

As Superhawk said, no bump stops needed w/ bilstein inserts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.