Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 29 2022, 08:54 AM) *

Looks like it's overwhelming that Jim's car should be car of the month. Now what is the next step in seeing this fulfilled?

@StratPlayer

- Collect all the needed info for the owner and car as outlined on the current homepage.

- Get at least 3 pictures, 1 large "money shot" and two smaller ones for the left side inserts, usually interior/engine etc pics.

Make sure the pics are high resolution and have plenty of border area to be cropped to fit the homepage.
Once you have all that, zip it up and email it to me.

Then go on a long vacation, get married, have a few kids, get divorced and finally check back here to see the new homepage in all its glory.
huh.gif
jim_hoyland
Thank you for the recognition and kind comments; I’m truly humbled.
Bought the car around 1983; I was cruising up PCH when I saw the owner putting a FS sign on the window. He was distraught, the car had received several door dings and he was getting rid of this car. It was totally stock except for the Rivera wheels.
He was the orig owner and let it wear in all the obvious places.
First drive was Huntington Beach to Monterey on Hwy 1; what a ride !
For the next twenty years upgrade we’re done: repaint, leather upholstery, wheels, suspension, 2056, Tranny, and lots of small stuff that I had see on World.
All the time I drove the car nearly every day.
It’s always kept in the garage and my local Indy at PCH Garage in Sunset Beach has serviced it all these years; plus local Teeners Joe Sharp, Thomas, Keith, and Bob D have helped.
A few more things need to be done, then it will be sold.
bob164
Another endorsement for Jim's car, it's beautiful inside and out. Not to mention he is a real knowable and kind gentleman.
Jett
+1 for Jim’s amazing car!
914pwr
Vote for Jim too! “then it will be sold”?…I hope not anytime soon!
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 02:39 PM) *

Looks like it's overwhelming that Jim's car should be car of the month. Now what is the next step in seeing this fulfilled?

@StratPlayer

- Collect all the needed info for the owner and car as outlined on the current homepage.

- Get at least 3 pictures, 1 large "money shot" and two smaller ones for the left side inserts, usually interior/engine etc pics.

Make sure the pics are high resolution and have plenty of border area to be cropped to fit the homepage.

Then go on a long vacation, get married, have a few kids, get divorced and finally check back here to see the new homepage in all its glory.
huh.gif

http://www.914world.com/

Well, since nobody responded to my request, i just grabbed a few images from this thread and made up most of the description.
dry.gif

PS: If you still see the old homepage image, hold down the SHIFT key while you hit the refresh button with your mouse.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 30 2022, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 29 2022, 02:39 PM) *

@StratPlayer

huh.gif

http://www.914world.com/

Well, since nobody responded to my request, i just grabbed a few images from this thread and made up most of the description.
dry.gif

PS: If you still see the old homepage image, hold down the SHIFT key while you hit the refresh button with your mouse.

Was getting ready to send an email to you andy but saw you had taken care of it. Thank you very much, deeply appreciated beerchug.gif
volksaddict
Thank you for the new home page pic! beerchug.gif
echocanyons
Congrats Jim!
VegasRacer
type.gif Thanks @SirAndy cheer.gif beerchug.gif

Congratulations Mr. Hoyland. first.gif

Welcome to the elite Click to view attachment Club. king.gif

Good job Jim. @StratPlayer That is how you organize an angry mob and force a changing of the guard without a fair and free election. ar15.gif (I am so proud of you.)
raynekat
Click to view attachment

Heck yes on this car and color.
Beautifully done car that is deserved of the COTM award.
Well done.

first.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 30 2022, 10:14 PM) *

Good job Jim. @StratPlayer That is how you organize an angry mob and force a changing of the guard without a fair and free election. ar15.gif (I am so proud of you.)

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 30 2022, 10:14 PM) *

Thank you so much for your kind words
mate914
Why not just do the vote and see if he wins? Doing it like this might piss people off.
Kinda shady......

Matt flag.gif
Pro American energy
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 30 2022, 09:14 PM) *

Did I just feel the Earth move? About time!
StratPlayer
My intent was to get the COTM nominations moving. I nominated jim's car, no one else was adding any nominations. So I asked for the next step in the process. Andy replied with the steps that had to be taken, still no other nominations. Not SHADY what so ever. Maybe next time there will be more than one car nominated.

Congrats Jim
Steve
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 31 2022, 06:24 AM) *

My intent was to get the COTM nominations moving. I nominated jim's car, no one else was adding any nominations. So I asked for the next step in the process. Andy replied with the steps that had to be taken, still no other nominations. Not SHADY what so ever. Maybe next time there will be more than one car nominated.

Congrats Jim

This was a “one off”. Those that know Jim, love Jim and wanted him to have it.
mate914
Jim , Did you want it this way? Honorable?

Matt flag.gif
trick-e
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 25 2022, 07:58 PM) *

And…from WCR

That shot, that color, sweet car.
It looks like you kept the late bumper up front, but not in back. Just a visual preference?

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(trick-e @ May 31 2022, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 25 2022, 07:58 PM) *

And…from WCR

That shot, that color, sweet car.
It looks like you kept the late bumper up front, but not in back. Just a visual preference?

Good observation smile.gif Mike Mueller recommended that for its visual. I have a finished chrome bumper, top, hardware, and lights ready to install though. The front backdate is a lot more involved; I spent a week just doing the rear.
Front yard mechanic
You car is spot on. It just needs a new polished stainless muffler
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jun 1 2022, 09:17 AM) *

You car is spot on. It just needs a new polished stainless muffler

agree.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(mate914 @ May 31 2022, 05:50 PM) *

Matt flag.gif

Give it a rest.
EdwardBlume
Well deserved. Great car + great guy. A true teener
sb914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 1 2022, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ May 31 2022, 05:50 PM) *

Matt flag.gif

Give it a rest.

agree.gif chair.gif
horizontally-opposed
High marks to Jim, Mike, the photographer, and whoever laid out the home page with that overhead shot—this might be my favorite COTM "look" yet.

Random thought: Should COTM "morph" into "Car Of The Moment" to take the pressure off of the volunteers who do this and/or make it so more or fewer cars can be featured?
Front yard mechanic
Let's call it car of the mouth
tygaboy
"Months of the Car"?
av-943.gif happy11.gif

But seriously, I like Pete's @horizontally-opposed idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.