Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold: Aluminum 911 Front Crossmember $250
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
This is a 911 aluminum front suspension that has been sand blasted, wire wheel burnished and clear coated to prevent oxidation.it is a direct replacement for a steel cross member. You will need the two brackets that bolt to it and the body. They are available new from Porsche. Has a minor repair in the area of an adjuster screw. A small piece of aluminum was welded in.
Asking $250
bdstone914
Repaired area.
Montreal914
Bruce, just to fully understand, this part could be used with a /4 suspension without any modifications?

Will the piece at the end of the /4 torsion bar fit in there or it requires the 911 torsion bar end, and therefore the 911 torsion bar and 911 a-arm?

Thanks! beerchug.gif

mepstein
You need the two flat metal straps and the stock 914 metal belly pan will not fit.

914 torsion bar adjusters fit fine.
Montreal914
So a couple of these bracket, then good to go... idea.gif

But the pan is a good thing to have though for protection of that area dry.gif. Need to think about it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Steve
The 911 belly plan bolts right up to it. Sierra Madre sells new ones. Used ones are usually pretty trashed. It doesn’t fit as flush as a 914 belly pan, but good enough. What I love about the aluminum cross member is it has the holes for a fuel pump.
DaveB
eMail sent.

DaveB
2mAn
Is this just to save weight or...?...
DaveB
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jun 13 2022, 10:02 PM) *

Is this just to save weight or...?...

I purchased it. In theory the alloy should distribute the load from the torsion bar better than steel. I'd like to find out if this crossmember provides an improvement. If not, I'll tell folks it looks cool and saves weight.

DaveB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.