Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel cells
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shadygrady
I want to put replace my stock gas tank in my 74 914-4 with a fuel cell in front well. any suggestions for brand and size as well as tips? I am swapping the 2.0 for a 1983 3.0. thanks
VegasRacer
My top choice would be one of these from Patrick Motorsports. It fits right in the stock location. Not cheap, but a very clean install. If you don't want to spend the big bucks for this unit, be sure to get a good one from ATL or Fuel Safe. You want to mount it as low as possible. How big depends on how far apart the gas stations are on your longest trip.

Do you have an oil cooler in the front trunk?
If so, it's size and location will be a factor in your choice of fuel cells.
smg914
I agree with vegasracer on the Patrick Motorsports cell as the first choice. However, if you go to a front trunk mounted fuel cell I highly recommend you get one that has a gravity fed fuel line on the bottom of the tank. Fuel pumps don't seem to like sucking fuel. They would prefer to have the fuel fed to it. I had fuel starvation problems in my fuel injected 914-4 race car and my weber carbed 914-6 race car and both problems were related to this issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.