Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension mounting points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
I am looking for drawings of the front suspension mounting points on the tub, with measurements. My eye sight up close is FUBAR at best, so I need something I can read. Did the google 914world.com thing but I am not finding what I need. Can anyone help me find this? Thank You. smile.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 6 2022, 05:43 PM) *

I am looking for drawings of the front suspension mounting points on the tub, with measurements. My eye sight up close is FUBAR at best, so I need something I can read. Did the google 914world.com thing but I am not finding what I need. Can anyone help me find this? Thank You. smile.gif

This? http://www.914world.com/specs/underdims.php
Superhawk996
agree.gif

But that is a little hard to use since several measurements are measured with respect to an imaginary center line and/or stamping form beads.

Depending on what you're doing you're often better mocking up parts before welding and/or measuring your chassis and making it square.

You might find this helpful from Jeff Hail's build thread. I found my car matched these dimension.

Click to view attachment

Here are some various measurements from my chassis that matched the Hail's measurements within a couple 3mm (1/8") or so.

Click to view attachment

The 3 dots - points at the rear are the rear suspension console mounting points.
DaveB
If someone can point you to the workshop manual, Group 8 is the body. The link provided from bbrock and the measurements are from this manual which provides detail on how and where these measurements are made.

Regards,

DaveB
Shivers
Thank you very much
wonkipop
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 7 2022, 05:55 PM) *

Thank you very much

you can download pdf versions of the factory manual here if you need them.
very handy to have.

http://p914-6info.net/Manuals.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.