searunner
QUOTE(jims914 @ Aug 12 2022, 05:56 PM) *

Looking for a good large HD oil cooler and fan system

Some photos can help that a lot of words
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zNtrmsvScM5MvC7k9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HyoYwRqiXSSwSxM87
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J3pvgvRnpFD2Y4b87
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203459524797?
epid=11047036250&hash=item2f5f21f8bd:g:uvMAAOSwBztgpKT~&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0NZtv%2FOTmvhYVZeTx0OUveXZeahYJXRSJ6zJLOoonmDjSaHHJ6%2FD9Zl5nQFmICw2OWQVOGqothhbI3fBO%2F6VDYaZy8fbDn2Hd1BMyQ8k0eSPDU%2BjuU70dpcz9RDhA78WCV6g6JjvxuqC6LQ%2BdUcQSMlCS9I46xDyn4XLsV%2Fe3SWy%2FRzH28ely6XdRjSw8rvXmXsHj9XgXI34hMdKgaw1%2FK0cW5bZlMaGozKg4Tf24GojANxjD6JO2yHy%2FpbSo7eRyW5xMwi64GBpPXJd0%2BhB8pc%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM2szR7dJg

I have preferred the rear solution too easy to fit- for the filter adaptator my choice was for a termostatic adaptator - i have asked it to the supplier before the order and gently shipped with a little dollars more- now the car run in the Italian summer with 70°Calor
oil temperature (Madium) fan is not termocontrolled and works continnualy is placed in the upper position to protect it from demages a little (2 cm) space allow the air circulation
NOTE
Kit illustred aren't the same build on my car- very similar but only the row are 15 to have a large cooling surface
A lot of KIT are available - I haven't any commercial interest with this supplier
jims914
Hello Searunner,

Sent a PM hope to hear from you.
Ciao
Geezer914
Pegasus racing Setrab oil coolers.
porschetub
QUOTE(jims914 @ Aug 13 2022, 11:56 AM) *

Looking for a good large HD oil cooler and fan system

Go for a large Mocal unit with their oil thermostat ,a quality fan which you can power up via a inline hose fitting with temp switch to activate it,if you mount it correctly for max airflow stood away enough from the underbody mounting you have a good solution.
Not sure about other suppliers but the Tangerine adaptor is the way to go.
Use quality rated hoses and have a good oil temp gauge you will be good.
Cheers.
914 Ranch
I took another approach. I used 2 13 row coolers and exhausted it out the rear panel between the two tail lights. It's pretty off the wall and I have no validation on it's cooling as the car is not quite functional as of yet.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
My fan box.

Click to view attachment

A U-tuber used these fans and moved 800 CFM each I have 4 fans hopefully moving a total of 32,000 CFM from the engine bay and going out the rear of the car
I said off the wall didn't I.
barefoot
Look at these :
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108328
Cairo94507
Look at a front GT-style cooler and thermostat and be done with it. I have that set-up in my car and it never gets hot. No fans to worry about. Stays around 190-210 degrees depending upon weather. Yes, it is more money up front - but keeping your engine cool is what it is all about for longevity.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Aug 13 2022, 08:20 PM) *

Pegasus racing Setrab oil coolers.

agree.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

180 deg Thermostat.

190 deg fan switch.
JmuRiz
Nice...fancy version of my old 2.0/4 setup
Justinp71
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 15 2022, 05:55 AM) *

Look at a front GT-style cooler and thermostat and be done with it. I have that set-up in my car and it never gets hot. No fans to worry about. Stays around 190-210 degrees depending upon weather. Yes, it is more money up front - but keeping your engine cool is what it is all about for longevity.

Do you have the actual original size Setrab GT oil cooler? Mine runs a bit warmer on the race track with a cammed 3.2, street driving is fine. I talked to a race engine builder and he recommended another brand that builds custom coolers. I will see if I can look it up.
Cairo94507
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Aug 16 2022, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 15 2022, 05:55 AM) *

Do you have the actual original size Setrab GT oil cooler? Mine runs a bit warmer on the race track with a cammed 3.2, street driving is fine. I talked to a race engine builder and he recommended another brand that builds custom coolers. I will see if I can look it up.

I have the cooler I bought from Patrick Motorsports from their GT cooler package. I believe it is a Setrab, but not certain. I also have the GT hard lines that run down the driver's long as well as the stock 914-6 engine oil cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.