Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS Stop Screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
I'm rebuilding a manifold pressure sensor. Unfortunately, I chewed up the threads on the MPS while removing the epoxy and backing out the stop screw. mad.gif

I need to pick up a tap to clean the threads. Does anyone know what size & pitch these threads are?

Thank you.

tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Sep 11 2022, 04:58 AM) *

I'm rebuilding a manifold pressure sensor. Unfortunately, I chewed up the threads on the MPS while removing the epoxy and backing out the stop screw. mad.gif

I need to pick up a tap to clean the threads. Does anyone know what size & pitch these threads are?

Thank you.

Tangerine can help with this! I did the same thing and they rescued my case for me.
rjames
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Sep 11 2022, 04:58 AM) *

Thank you.

I'd like to know, too. I've also got one I buggered up that could be saved.
BeatNavy
I went out to the garage to check for you but only have a partial answer:

It is size 16, and I THINK the pitch is 1.5. But I'm not willing to bet my life on that.

I don't have the bolt gauge for that size, and I don't have a tap that's 1.0 pitch for that size, so that's the best I can do.

@ChrisFoley
JeffBowlsby
It’s M16x1.0
ChrisFoley
Bob, I can chase the threads for you, just for the cost of shipping.
You can use a smaller diameter tap with the same pitch to scrape the threads. Doing that saves one from buying an expensive tap with no other use.
saigon71
Thank you for the responses and for your kind offer Chris.

I found a cheap M16 X 1.0 tap & die on ebay and bought it in case I run into this problem again.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155000606646?chn=p...axoCDYMQAvD_BwE

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.