Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring perch for 914-6 rear Bone shock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim dorociak

guys I just picked up new Boge rear shocks for my SIX. Is it a special spring perch or will anyone work? Thanks in advance. Been 30 years since I restored my last car so it is a lot learning to get back in the swing. Jim
wonkipop
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Sep 12 2022, 05:58 PM) *

guys I just picked up new Boge rear shocks for my SIX. Is it a special spring perch or will anyone work? Thanks in advance. Been 30 years since I restored my last car so it is a lot learning to get back in the swing. Jim

not sure about 6. but ones that i pulled off my 4 had built in bottom spring perch. one fixed position.
rgalla9146

Boge was the OE supplier.
Pics would help.
But pretty certain the stock deep stamped lower perch will do the trick.
BUT..... they have no height adjustment.
ChrisFoley
The perch is unique to Boge rear shocks. The three bumps on the shock body won't support other removable perches.
I've made a substitute before, I think using a cut off lower perch from a KYB. Maybe I can find a picture.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Sep 12 2022, 04:58 PM) *

@jim dorociak

Pretty sure i have a pair of those perches if you need them. They are soecial to Boge

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.