Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case machining for 2270 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DaveB
My current engine build has been a less than stellar. Essentially nothing was been done for 6 months and my case is gone. Engines I have built from scratch are all water cooled and I hit the easy button having a shop build this for me. Plus I was being cheap. After spending the last few weeks figuring out the combination of what I need, I've narrowed down to an engineered kit for the 2270 175 from LN. I will pick-up a 1.7 case and see if European Motorworks will machine it. Before I talk with LN or the machine shop, I wanted to know from anyone that has either used one of the LN engine kits or built to 160+hp on what additional machining you had done on the case beyond aligning bore and decking. I plan to add:

shuffle pin in all mains,
10mm case savers,
bore for 1/2" through bolts,
drill tap oil galley in holes,
drill and tap case for full flow

The cylinders are 96mm, so I assume I don't need to bore the case for that. Any feedback on what you either have done or should have done helps. if there is a thread on this just point me there (I couldn't find one).

Thanks

DaveB
mepstein
I would contact LN about your questions. He is very knowledgeable and responsive. Good luck with the build.
DaveB
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 17 2022, 02:15 PM) *

I would contact LN about your questions. He is very knowledgeable and responsive. Good luck with the build.

Thanks for the feedback and I plan to call the folks at LN next week. I often find out I should have asked about something recommended or used by others during the call.

Dave
barnfind9141972
Just call Jorge at European Motor Works. He’ll tell you exactly what it needs, he’s very straight forward and did my engine. Great guy, really knows his stuff
JamesJ
I highly recommend speaking with Jeff Patterson at Type IV Revolution. He buys the LN kits and modifies some things that improve the kit before assembly. type4revolution2@gmail.com.
I just had my 2056 built by European Motorworks as I only heard about/spoke with Jeff near the end of my build.
Many here have had EM build their motor with great success. I had some things that needed to be corrected.
I'll have Jeff do my next build.
Dominic
Dave,
Do some research on the 1.7L case you may not need to machine it for the clearance, I know that the 2.0L cases need machining (see the pictures from the case case I did a few years back.
For sure ask LN or Jake Raby.

Thanks,
Dominic

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.