Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 4 cylinder dip stick replacement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Str1974
I seem to have misplaced my dip stick for my 74 2.0 L. I thought it would be easy to find a replacement, but I was wrong.. when I google a Porsche 914 oil dip stick. I find it easy to find one for the 914-6. I can’t find info for 914-4 dip stick . If the replacement is the same as for a VW bus 2.0 L. I can’t imagine the 914-6 would use the same part as the 4 cylinder. Anyone know what the part number is for the 4 cylinder 914? And where to get one?What length should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Str1974 @ Sep 18 2022, 09:52 PM) *

I seem to have misplaced my dip stick for my 74 2.0 L. I thought it would be easy to find a replacement, but I was wrong.. when I google a Porsche 914 oil dip stick. I find it easy to find one for the 914-6. I can’t find info for 914-4 dip stick . If the replacement is the same as for a VW bus 2.0 L. I can’t imagine the 914-6 would use the same part as the 4 cylinder. Anyone know what the part number is for the 4 cylinder 914? And where to get one?What length should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@bdstone914
Bruce stone has them, nice new zinc plated ones
Shivers
Far as I know the cases are all the same in fit. Some were stronger than others. So the dipstick from a 1.7 may just work on a 2.0. Not sure if VW did something different cosmetically on the dipsticks in 74.
windforfun
WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

How in the hell did you misplace the dipstick?

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(Str1974 @ Sep 18 2022, 07:52 PM) *

# 022 115 611 all 914/4s. at least thats what parts book says.

think shared with 411/412 sedans (not variant).
don't believe on bus. (comes out the rear engine bay bodywork on an angle).

think 912E also had same dipstick as 914s.
Str1974
QUOTE(windforfun @ Sep 18 2022, 09:19 PM) *

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

How in the hell did you misplace the dipstick?

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

It all started with a leaky oil cooler 12 months ago…Decided to drop engine and someone suggested an engine rebuild…. New heads etc. Now it’s finally time to put everything back together after powder coating. I remember putting the dip stick somewhere safe…famous last words.
Dave_Darling
The Bus dipsticks are not the same as ours. They don't even go into the same place in the case; they go into a funnel that bolts onto the boss on the front side (914 orientation) of the case next to the alternator.

See the handle in this pic:

IPB Image

--DD

914Sixer
I have some. Send me your shipping info, I will get one on the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.