Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Case
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sjhenry1075
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a case for my engine build, specifically a 1.7 case. Best case scenario would be that it's located within a few hours of Maryland so I could take a road trip to pick it up instead of having it shipped. However, if need be, I can definitely pay for shipping.

Thanks in advance!
mepstein
Shipping a type 4 case without studs is pretty inexpensive. I have two cases that I’ve been meaning to sell. I know one is a 2.0 case. I’ll check the other one this weekend. I’m in Middletown DE.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 27 2022, 07:32 AM) *

Shipping a type 4 case without studs is pretty inexpensive. I have two cases that I’ve been meaning to sell. I know one is a 2.0 case. I’ll check the other one this weekend. I’m in Middletown DE.

Excellent, thank you. I live on the eastern shore of MD so I'm pretty close to DE.
914ltd

You can use any 914 case. 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0. The "W" lettered 1.7 case did not come with an oil windage tray. Many T4 and T2 VW cases can be used with some work (oil dip stick for one) Try to find a case that does not have "shiny" main bearing saddles, especially the center 2 piece. This may indicate an align bore is needed along with oversize bearings. Brad Mayeur
briansmachine
I have 2 semi complete engines that you can have really cheap if you can drive to Connecticut Both are still assembled and stored in a dry storage area. LMK if your interested email at bblake944s@aol.com if anyone else is interested pickup only shipping charges are rediculas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.