Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Header Merge Collector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
Lost the Merge Collector off of my European Racing Header exhaust system during an off-track "excursion" last weekend and after searching around the perimeter of the entire track, it could not be found. The piece is a slip-on 4-into-1 collector with 1.65" primaries and a 2.0" outlet. I still have the megaphone tail piece that remained attached to the car.

Considering the diameters of the header pipes and collector outlet, I'm wondering if I should do something a little different and less restrictive at this point, or just try to find a replacement for the missing piece.

Any benefit if I switch to two 2-into-1 collectors and run the two 2.0 inch outlets to the back of the car. I could weld in a crossover between them if that would help balance the system. Any thoughts on what might work best? Thanks, Mike S.
Craigers17
I don't know if they sell parts "a la carte", but these guys sell the header system. GLWT!

https://www.gt-racing.com/porsche-914-europ...art-914-4-158r/
brant
The creator (George) passed
But GT racing bought out the rights for production
infraredcalvin
Burns stuff is purdy…

https://burnsstainless.com/products/4-into-1-base-collectors

Also check with our own exhaust experts Ben or Marty….

@mb911
@Maltese Falcon
Charles Freeborn
I bought a 4 to 1 collector from Summit. My headwrb Ant Euro, but close. Cost about 50 bucks as I recall. Does require some welding and fab for the bolt brackets. I can post pics when I’m home again in a few weeks.
motorvated
QUOTE(Charles Freeborn @ Oct 4 2022, 01:52 PM) *

I bought a 4 to 1 collector from Summit. My headwrb Ant Euro, but close. Cost about 50 bucks as I recall. Does require some welding and fab for the bolt brackets. I can post pics when I’m home again in a few weeks.

Thanks, I have been looking on Summit but haven't found a direct fit, but close. Still might go for two 2-into-1 collectors and two tailpipe extensions eith megaphones for better breathing.
stownsen914
Another option ... Cone Engineering makes about every configuration you can imagine. Does require assembly/fabrication.

https://www.coneeng.com/collector_components.html
Charles Freeborn
QUOTE(motorvated @ Oct 5 2022, 08:29 AM) *

Thanks, I have been looking on Summit but haven't found a direct fit, but close. Still might go for two 2-into-1 collectors and two tailpipe extensions eith megaphones for better breathing.

The one I bought is made by Schoenfeld. My headers are 1.75 I.d. And the slip fit works well. They also make a 1-⅝ “ model.

Quality isn’t superb but adequate for the task and price.
motorvated
QUOTE(Charles Freeborn @ Oct 7 2022, 11:59 AM) *

The one I bought is made by Schoenfeld. My headers are 1.75 I.d. And the slip fit works well. They also make a 1-⅝ “ model.

I can find Schoenfeld at Summit that has 1.625 inch primaries, but the smallest outlet I can find is 3 inch when I need 2".
Charles Freeborn
QUOTE(motorvated @ Oct 7 2022, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Charles Freeborn @ Oct 7 2022, 11:59 AM) *

I can find Schoenfeld at Summit that has 1.625 inch primaries, but the smallest outlet I can find is 3 inch when I need 2".

Muffler shop can make you a reducer.
stownsen914
I have a European Racing header at home that I can measure. Pretty sure it's not 2" at then flange, maybe 2 1/4" or 2 1/2".
motorvated
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Oct 9 2022, 10:04 AM) *

I have a European Racing header at home that I can measure. Pretty sure it's not 2" at then flange, maybe 2 1/4" or 2 1/2".

That would be great if it's not too much trouble.
stownsen914
Happy to - I'll be back home in a couple days
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.