Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Am I Gettin Old?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
buck toenges
I loved it when john denver played that old hillbilly in the Andy griffith show. He could sure do some picking and grinning. Didn't Willy nelson play him in the movie Dukes of hazard? Oh, oh Denver pyle...... Must have been related to gomer? smile.gif

Never mind.
smg914
"Weld" Hmmmmm that must mean "Rust Never Sleeps".....LOL

I'd have to say my sentimental favorite is "After The Gold Rush"
Also the "Silver and Gold" DVD.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (smg914 @ Aug 9 2005, 11:03 AM)
"Weld" Hmmmmm that must mean "Rust Never Sleeps".....LOL

I'd have to say my sentimental favorite is "After The Gold Rush"
Also the "Silver and Gold" DVD.

beer.gif

I'm listening to "unplugged" now on my Ipod... smile.gif
smg914
Long may you run
Although these changes have come
With your chrome heart shinin' in the sun
long may you run.

That's Neil's way of saying, "Take care of the rust in the hell hole"
seanery
i think that's the only NY song I really like.
tdgray
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 9 2005, 01:34 PM)

agree.gif

Can't really take NY.... to whiney for my tastes. dry.gif

And Bob Dylan ohmy.gif How many albums does he have... like 30 or something.... and not one could I listen to for more than 5 minutes huh.gif
smg914
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 9 2005, 09:34 AM)

What about Bandit, Music Arcade, Good To See You, Thrasher, Red Sun, Slowpoke and Looking Forward? Ahhhh, you've never heard of them....no wonder!

A lot of my friends dislike N.Y. too. I can understand why his style and sound rub some people wrong. But to me all that means is that they just don't get it. Me and tat2dphreak get it.
smg914
QUOTE (Brent @ Aug 7 2005, 09:59 PM)
Just caught "Ultimate Albumns" and featured was AC DC, Back in Black. That kept me up until 2 am last night. I think I was headbanging and hearing the Hell bell in my sleep. Woke up very tired!
-Brent

Brian Johnson lives in Sarasota Florida and races HSR. Usually brings 2 or 3 racecars to the track with him. I met him at Sebring a few times.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (smg914 @ Aug 9 2005, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 9 2005, 09:34 AM)

What about Bandit, Music Arcade, Good To See You, Thrasher, Red Sun, Slowpoke and Looking Forward? Ahhhh, you've never heard of them....no wonder!

A lot of my friends dislike N.Y. too. I can understand why his style and sound rub some people wrong. But to me all that means is that they just don't get it. Me and tat2dphreak get it.

agree.gif

Hell, what about, "Needle and the damage done", hurricane, ohio, hey,hey,my,my and crime in the city... just for a few EVERYONE has heard...

Young isn't for everyone... but he's definately for me...

If I was a junkman
selling you cars,
Washing your windows
and shining your stars,
Thinking your mind
was my own in a dream
What would you wonder
and how would it seem?
Living in castles
a bit at a time
The King started laughing
and talking in rhyme.

Singing words, words
between the lines of age.
Words, words
between the lines of age.
redshift
I like Sarah McLachlan.

the ice is thin come on dive in
underneath my lucid skin
the cold is lost
forgotten

I like Tom Petty.

think of me what you will
got a little space to fill

I like Shawn Mullins.

true love it is a rock
smoother over by a stream

I like a bunch of stuff.

I used to live in Bradenton, I remember when he moved in.. I LOVE AC/DC.

M
tat2dphreak
one more NY:

It's too dark
to put the keys
in my ignition,
And the mornin' sun is yet
to climb my hood ornament.
But before too long I might
see those flashing red lights
Look out, mama,
'cause I'm comin' home tonight.

Yea, AC/DC is a GREAT band!! I would love to see them live!

one guy on the singer/poet scale that everyone forgets... Henry Rollins! the dude is bad ass!
rhodyguy
neil's "philidelphia" is a haunting song. i saw him on his solo tour a few years back. there aren't may performers that can entertain an audience for 2 hours by themself with a handful of instruments. i'd rather go see dave hunt and have him extract a molar without any novicane than listen to dylan sing. other folks do his stuff and it's great music.

k
iamchappy
I got to meet John a few times up here in the cities his 1st wife's family was from Edina a suburb of Minneapolis. John enjoyed playing golf at Minneapolis Golf Club where my Dad is a member.
I knew the organ, piano player in his band and was able to strike up a conversation with him on the golf course one day.
When I was a ski racer I spent a great deal of time with my girl friend from Aspen, I met up with John a a few times on the street and he remembered me. Once when I was in town he asked me for advice on ski equipment and I helped him with a ski poles purchase. He was a genuine guy and a great song writer even if your not a fan. Music is subjective thats what makes it great for everyone.
I dont listen to John Denver or have any of his music, but I would listen to it if it was on for the memories.
DNHunt
Kevin

I could make you regret saying that ohmy.gif . I'm looking for a good Dylan CD.

Dave
tat2dphreak
dylan's VOICE may not have been the best, words are magic! he's probably the most "tributed"(copied) artist... even his contemoraries would redo his stuff... THAT is RESPEKT wink.gif
theol00
Are times really that different - back than Vietnam - today Irak !
Similar Mess - short police action -
Brent
QUOTE (smg914 @ Aug 9 2005, 10:58 AM)
Brian Johnson lives in Sarasota Florida and races HSR. Usually brings 2 or 3 racecars to the track with him. I met him at Sebring a few times.

Brian Johnson had a lot of pressure on him. All the songwriting was left to him, from Bonn Scott to Brian (newcomer). Alot of fans thought those were writen by Bonn, but after seeing the special, you can see how alot of lyrics are tied into Aruba, were they stayed for the band to mourn, generate rifts and write songs.

Plus he's from Newcastle, were my relatives are from, and the Nut Brown Ale is mighty fine!

Would be cool to see some pics of him while racing!
smg914
Here's a picture of Brian (on left) after winning 1st overall in an vintage race enduro at Sebring.
Allan
QUOTE (SLITS @ Aug 7 2005, 08:03 PM)
And Allan...you deserve the hell you live in.. flipa.gif see if you can get your oil temp to 350 and head temp to 500.

I'm gonna try this Saturday. You gonna come fetch me when I do???
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Aug 9 2005, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Aug 7 2005, 08:03 PM)
And Allan...you deserve the hell you live in.. flipa.gif  see if you can get your oil temp to 350 and head temp to 500.

I'm gonna try this Saturday. You gonna come fetch me when I do???

Yeh, I guess I can stoop low enough to rescue a JD hater! mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.