Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr.vmax
I'm restoring 1974 Porsche 914-4 2.0. Can anybody tell me what is this for? It's under the passenger seat.

Click to view attachment
NARP74
Safety belt circuit? There is bypass info around here or on pelican if you want to go that route.
ClayPerrine
That is the seatbelt buzzer and interlock relay setup. It is a big brother item so you have to hook the seat belt before the car will start. It is notorious for failing.

I would suggest that you remove the yellow and the yellow with a red stripe wires from the relay assembly and splice them together. That will guarantee your 914 will always start.

There are lots of threads on here about it.

Hope that helps.

Clay
TRS63
It is for the seat belt reminder, making a sound if somebody is seating without seat belt (from what I heard, not sure, it is deactivated on mine since I bought it..).

Bests

Antoine
friethmiller
agree.gif

You're wires are in really good shape! Here are two pics of my restoration in this area. My existing wires where all there but a bit beat-up and about half the wires weren't even connected to the relay harness. I used the available wiring diagram and reconstructed the entire setup wire by wire. It went pretty quickly - not that hard to do. You might just want to check yours.

Click to view attachment

The photo below shows it all mounted with the yellow to yellow (w/ red stripe) wires spliced together (see arrow). I ended up not using the two relays because I don't believe it's needed if you're not hooking up the "buzzer". I guess I have that option now.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Personally, I would consider restoring it all so it was like it left the factory. Then after it is all working properly, you can do the simple modification to defeat it, if it bothers you. beerchug.gif
Dr.vmax
Thanks for all the reply. Seat belts are removed, car starts and runs, no warning light and no buzzer. I was just wondering if it's for something else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.