Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much car have you built while on rotisserie)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JON H
Good day, My car has been on the rotisserie for ten plus years and I finally got it media blasted, epoxied and some base coat done. Now I can start to build it. I want to install the front suspension (less hubs and rotors), rear suspension (less rotors) rear sway bar pedal cluster and brake lines, wiring harness, dashboard and steering rack. Then I’ll take of the rotisserie for the rest. My rotisserie use the bumper holes for mounting.What do you guys think? Would it be to heavy?
9146GUY
You can do quite a bit of assembly if you have more than just bumper mounting. Mine has not only bumper but also it has additional to the suspension mounting points.
My thought is if you only have bumper mounting I would not want to add many other parts
My $.02
Literati914
Been wondering the same.. popcorn[1].gif

mepstein
I would install the suspension and then put it on the ground. Suspension weighs about 100lbs. It’s not going to bend the car in half.
bbrock
While my car was on the rotisserie, I installed everything that would need to be installed from under the car except the drive train. That essentially was suspension (including stub axles, front hubs, rotors and wheels), steering, and brakes. I seem to recall installing the main wire harness in the engine bay and through the firewall just because it was convenient to be able to stand up while doing it. My chassis was mounted to the rotisserie through bumper mounts only and I didn't feel like it was close to causing any problems. The bigger issue for me was trying to keep the weight down for getting the car off the rotisserie. That was a royal butt clencher but was nice to have tires on in case something went south. It actually all went quite smoothly but I was sure glad when it was done. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Put your car on a simple frame dolly it will save your back working on the suspension and the interior plus you can roll it around with the wheels off
bkrantz
^^ This is what I did. From rotisserie to a simple dolly (and to the paint shop and back) to jack stands and then to wheels on the floor.
nivekdodge
CODE

That’s as far as I’m going
mlindner
I only had a dolly. But used it with my scissor lift worked well for all the under side and suspension. Click to view attachment
JON H
QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Oct 24 2022, 08:44 PM) *

CODE

That’s as far as I’m going

Perfect, that’s the same way mine is mounted. You’ve got even more on your car that I was planning on installing. It looks like I’ll be able to go a bit further too! Thanks for the replies!

Jon H.

And since we all like pictures…….

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.