Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have a 914-6 wiper motor we can buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have one frozen from never being used it is hopeless Would buy the rack too if one did not want to separate them
ClayPerrine
I have a known good one, but the wiring harness is missing off of it. You would have to transfer yours over.

If you are interested, I will trade it for a good 914-6 ignition lock assembly.

Clay
theer
Didn’t realize they are different… What makes a wiper motor 914-6 vs 914-4 of the same vintage?

914Sixer
Three speed
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they look just like a 911: black, flat top head (rather than rounded, quite crude looking) but the shaft coming out of the transmission is a different length and they cannot be interchanged. Of course three speed like the 911. Armature is much slimmer than a four cylinder and mounting is different. We had many many of them from several VW factory parts buys, but slowly we sold them all and now have nothing.
mb911
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2022, 08:33 AM) *

they look just like a 911: black, flat top head (rather than rounded, quite crude looking) but the shaft coming out of the transmission is a different length and they cannot be interchanged. Of course three speed like the 911. Armature is much slimmer than a four cylinder and mounting is different. We had many many of them from several VW factory parts buys, but slowly we sold them all and now have nothing.

I was able to get a 944 unit work for mine
dr914@autoatlanta.com
funny, we use to use a 924/944 wiper motor in 356 coupe 12 volt conversions. Fit perfectly. Of course the 924/44 wiper motors are impossibly hard to find these days as well (but not as bad a a six!)

QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 31 2022, 01:21 PM) *

Chris914n6
What are they worth?

My local PaP gets a 924 or early 944 every few months. I usually only grab the gauges and rear wheel spacers and sometimes the longer studs. Wheels if they are 5x130.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2022, 01:48 PM) *

funny, we use to use a 924/944 wiper motor in 356 coupe 12 volt conversions. Fit perfectly. Of course the 924/44 wiper motors are impossibly hard to find these days as well (but not as bad a a six!)

QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 31 2022, 01:21 PM) *

mate914
I needed one. Got wiring harness from Restoration design and wiper unit from Carlisle.

Matt

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.