Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davenorcal
Can anyone direct me on where to look to find out how to modify the wiring (914/6) so I can have my fog lights on without having my headlights on. Thanks much!
914Sixer
J West kit. Seems there was info at Pelican 914 Forum how to do it.
GregAmy
https://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html

I did 1a, which occasionally resulted in walking away from the car with the parking lights on, and its resultant battery drainage. I resolved that with an annoying piezo buzzer wired, behind the dash, between battery ignition power and the dash warning light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TV9K1SW
davenorcal
Perfect…I’ll check out both of these suggestions. Thank you!
davenorcal
The J West option was looking good until the last line that states not for original 914/6, which is what I have.
ClayPerrine
I am doing this from memory, so I may be wrong...

I don't remember the wire color, but one of the low beam fuses has two wires coming off of one side. This powers up the fog light relay. When you switch to high beams, the fog lights go off. If you move this wire to the ignition power fuse, the fog lights will come on anytime you have the key on.

I will look later at a diagram.

Hope that helps.

Clay
Ansbacher
I found it easy to just to tap 12V from one of the wires up inside the driver side fender that feeds the parking lights. Your fogs will come on with the parking lights.

Another cool thing you can do while your under the fender, is to wire your side marker light to blink with the blinkers.

Ansbacher
mgphoto
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 1 2022, 12:28 PM) *

I am doing this from memory, so I may be wrong...

I don't remember the wire color, but one of the low beam fuses has two wires coming off of one side. This powers up the fog light relay. When you switch to high beams, the fog lights go off. If you move this wire to the ignition power fuse, the fog lights will come on anytime you have the key on.

I will look later at a diagram.

Hope that helps.

Clay

Clay is right, I did this using a tech tip in Panorama, it probably made it in a volume of UpFixin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.