Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: GREAT Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
So Brian and I have been dashing around the greater bay area for the past two weeks house hunting and being totally stressed out. Last Thursday evening, an hour before making our offer for a house, Brian surprised me and told me we're going on a trip Friday afternoon, and to go pack my stuff. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. I had a ton of stuff to take care of over the weekend, but the surprise was a welcome break from reality.

Well, Friday afternoon rolls around and I find out we're going to Seattle at the ticket counter. Whoohoo!! boldblue.gif I've never been before. Should be a blast. We stayed at the Westin on the 22nd floor and had a great view. There was a gift basket in our room, and room service delivered chocolate dipped strawberries. The basket and strawberries were from Brian's work (his attornies).

We go out for dinner and park in one of those parking lots with no attendants, but you still have to pay a little lock box type thingie. On our way back to the car, I notice we're parked next to an engagement ring store. On the side of the building, there's a billboard with a woman's left hand, and on the ring finger is a flashing neon Vacancy sign. We had a good laugh, and he suggested I take a picture with the billboard (we like taking cheesy pics like that while on vacation.) So I positioned myself just so, matching my hand to the billboard's, and put a sad look on my face. He took the picture, and said we should take another one, from a different angle. So since the sign was so high up, I went on my tip toes, raised my hand even higher, and repositioned my fingers to match the sign. Meanwhile, Brian was crouching down to get all of me in the picture. When I turned around to see what was taking so long, he was down on one knee, camera in one hand, and a ring in the other!!!

Long story shorter, I'm engaged! wub.gif

Jen
Mueller
headbang.gif

oh mean boldblue.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif

congrats....it's about time those beagles had legit parents, hahaha
theol00
congratulations! Party time beerchug.gif beer.gif clap.gif
Joseph Mills
That is very cool. Congrats!

neo914-6
CONGRATS, your life will never be the same! smilie_pokal.gif

Brian's dam creative! clap.gif

Oh and... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Eric_Shea
Congrats Jen! smilie_pokal.gif
TimT
Wow cool for you!!

congrats!
aircooledboy
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! smilie_pokal.gif

That's really great Jen. I wish you two all the happiness in the world. beerchug.gif

When some needle dick starts to give you crap about becoming a "ball and chain" or some other such crap, punch them squarely in the face and tell them I told you to. laugh.gif
ArtechnikA
congratulations.

the first time's always a little special :-)
Jenny
The billboard was completely unscripted. I was the one that noticed it. Another unplanned aspect of it was I've had Eddie Money's "Two tickets to paradise" stuck in my head for a couple days. Brian plays GTA San Andreas, and the song happened to be on the radio when I walked into the room. I hate the song, but it's so catchy! I was blaming him for getting the song stuck in my head. Well, when he told me about the trip, he jokingly sang "I've got two tickets to paradise, pack your bags and we'll leave tonight." I called his bluff, and he ended up having to show me the ticket stub to prove to me.

Later I asked him about the song, and the billboard. He didn't plan either. It just worked out perfectly!

Oh, here's the money shot...

Jen
lapuwali
You mean, all this time, you WERE available?!? ohmy.gif

Congrats. Hope you two find a good house and make a happy time of it. You can get back at Brian off by referring to him as your "first husband" when he pisses you off...
Jenny
Yuck. The ring looks great, but my fingers don't. icon8.gif

As for the ball & chain part, all of Brian's friends think I'm cool. In fact, when they need to move cars or trailer shit around, I'm the one that operates the tie downs and handles the loading/unloading and trailering. They all agree that I carry balls around in my purse. biggrin.gif

Jen
seanery
monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif clap.gif
flatout
Congratulations smilie_pokal.gif Thats so cool !!
SpecialK
Nice set-up Brian! aktion035.gif

And congratulations both of you!!
morph
Congrats!!!!What a wonderfull proposal.

Hiedi
markb
Congrats!! clap.gif

I can see it now, registry at HPH. biggrin.gif
GWN7
Yea !! beerchug.gif smile.gif
Dave_Darling
WTG, Jenny and Brian! smile.gif

--DD
Allan
Congrats Jenny....
bd1308
congrats jenny!
olav
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats!!!
spare time toys
The crew here at our place are all happy for you. clap.gif
qa1142
congratulations!
slapshot914
CONGRATS! Jenny

Sounds like you have a real romantic.

As for the naysayers, tell em to take a leap. We're celebrating our 40th anniversary this Friday and we're still in love and more importantly, still best friends.
Jenny
Thanks everyone. I started dating Brian sept of 01, so we're coming up on 4 years now. I guess he was ready to pop the question a year ago, but he and a jeweler friend designed my ring, and it took a lot of time to come up with the exact design for the ring and to wait for the right stone to come onto the market.

Most of the 914 peeps in the bay area have met Brian at one time or another. He's great to me. What I mean to say is, he takes great care of me. And he completely nurtures my obsession for 914s. In fact, when we go out, it's usually him that spots random 914's parked on the street. And he has yet to say a word about the three sets of rims/tires in our patio.

Again, thanks for sharing in our joy.

Jen
LuckieO
What a great story! Congradulations! clap.gif
Lou W
Congratulations, Now Brian needs to get a teener, so you can have a his and hers. smile.gif
Lyressa Roberts
I knew it!!! I was wondering when you stated you guys were looking at houses!!!

Congratulations!!!
Meredith
Very cool. From what I've seen, you two are a good match. How exciting for you guys!
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 8 2005, 02:57 PM)
Yuck. The ring looks great, but my fingers don't. icon8.gif

As for the ball & chain part, all of Brian's friends think I'm cool. In fact, when they need to move cars or trailer shit around, I'm the one that operates the tie downs and handles the loading/unloading and trailering. They all agree that I carry balls around in my purse. biggrin.gif

Jen

Congrats!!!!

Nice fingers....How old are you anyway??? wink.gif

jezz, you guys could've called.....atleast you could have come outta the room for awhile.....to see some of the city.
Jenny
I blame the uber camera. A lesser camera wouldn't have picked up the pakaderm looking skin.

I wanted to call you and Monique, but we only had a weekend. Besides, I don't have your number. We have a couple Tacoma members as well, right?

Jen
jonwatts
YAY LOVE!

Best to both of you.

If you rent a limo it will cut down significantly on the number of car jokes we can make at the wedding.

mightyohm
Congrats Jenny!!!

PS: Don't tell Kylie, she might get ideas.
Gint
It's about damn time! Way to go Brian! Congrats to you both Jen.
MartyYeoman
I knew it was going to work the minute I saw you park Brian in the bushes at the 914 breakfast.
No issue climbing out the other side. He emerged wearing a big smile.
Best of luck to the both of you. smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Brian who? I guess I didn't get the memo....

Congrats....need a new puppy???? cool_shades.gif
Scott Carlberg
Jenny,
CONGRATS on getting engaged! clap.gif

that Brian is one lucky son-of-a-B oy! biggrin.gif
scruz914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 8 2005, 03:34 PM)
....... And he has yet to say a word about the three sets of rims/tires in our patio.

Now that's a switch.

Congratulations!

Brian, What a romantic you are, but a year to get the ring?

-Jeff
Jenny
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Aug 8 2005, 04:48 PM)
but a year to get the ring?

I don't mind at all. He wanted it to be perfect. And I like being unique. No other girl should be walking around with my exact ring, which makes me feel special. smile.gif

Jen
Carl
Congrats to you, Jen, and to Brian. You two have been a fixture for so long I wondered if he was brain dead or if you had an aversion to marriage. I'm glad it was neither.

clap.gif

Have you guys set a date? And will (ahem) the club be invited?
tdgray
Congrats,

This is serious, I know hard to take from me.

Just remember... Marriage is the thing that keeps you together when you don't like your partner so much that day.

Just stay true and you will be in love forever.

And remember the first three are the hardest. Ask me how I know. wacko.gif
StratPlayer
Congrats to you both, hope you have many many happy years together... smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 8 2005, 03:57 PM)
I blame the uber camera. A lesser camera wouldn't have picked up the pakaderm looking skin.

I wanted to call you and Monique, but we only had a weekend. Besides, I don't have your number. We have a couple Tacoma members as well, right?

Jen

We could've dragged you along to go sailing on the lake all day Saturday with us. Killer day for sailing. biggrin.gif

Sunday we was at Seafair BBQ's......

ok, I'll pm you our ph numbers that you effin lost. dry.gif

Monique sends her congratulations too! When's the wedding? Next year right? clap.gif

(this is a bad year for new beginnings accord to Chinese Horoscope, thats why we are waiting)
biggrin.gif
redshift
Congratulations Jen. smile.gif

I wish you both the best, and better.

Good job, Brian, and they said you'd never owe much..

biggrin.gif

M
Brent
Jenny, awesome news. I really liked Brian from meeting you both at IHOP. Ya did good.

The pic is way similar to one I have of my wifes ring, except she has Sapphires on her wedding wrap band.

-Brent
ematulac
Congratulations, Jen! beerchug.gif

I hope Brian got a good picture of your face when you turned around to see what was taking so long. Maybe we could stick in in the classic threads. happy11.gif
DuckRyder
CONGRATS!!!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Congradulations to you both. Marriage was the best move I ever made. 28 years this month!

Cheers, Elliot
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif congrats jenny... I'm sure you can hear the shreiking of hearts all over California and the 914club breaking wink.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.