Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber Door Panels !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just got these today. Really nice looking and matched the beige leather seatsI have a little finish up work to do and have a couple of questions:
1. PSsenger side looks straight forward; need to locate a cover for the handle
2. Driver side, got the cubby, but forgot how it gets attached to the panel
Suggestions will be appreciated
jim_hoyland
Need one of these covers
jim_hoyland
Need to know how this gets attached to the door panel
I’m going to trim and glue the edges; not a problem
jim_hoyland
These are coming out and will be listed in classified section
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 7 2022, 04:57 PM) *

It should have small screw holes to screw it into the door card. Door card should have small metal inserts. The screws set into a little recessed trim washer

Show us a pic of the back of the door card.
Root_Werks
Those look amazing!

I got my set from 914Rubber and love them.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 7 2022, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 7 2022, 04:57 PM) *

It should have small screw holes to screw it into the door card. Door card should have small metal inserts. The screws set into a little recessed trim washer

Show us a pic of the back of the door card.

This is passenger side
jim_hoyland
This is the driver side, I’m not sure what the numbered holes are for, need help here:
sportlicherFahrer
Holes in the backside if the driver's panel don't look like they are right for the factory map pocket to mount up. More like mirrored holes from the passenger side panel, or maybe a passenger side panel that got built to the wrong side? Perhaps @Mikey914 has some clues? Look beautiful otherwise!
Steve
Looks right to me. The three small holes are for sheet metal screws that hold the door pocket. The large holes are for the panel clips.
Mikey914
The holes 3, 4 and 5 are for the passenger lower secton of the htop habdle section.
You can see this on the passenger side. The 4 and 5 holes have an additional 2 holes that allow mounting of the 2 plates that hold the cage nuts.

We cut the panels the same so they can be used either left or right.

I predrilled the holes on the drivers pocket. They will line up nicely with the panel and screw holes in the door.

Hope this helps.
Mark
DRPHIL914
Jim those current panels still look great, but looks like these new ones will really freshen up the interior too, and your getting back to the stock door pulls? cool they could match your current beige so well!! i had a lot of complements this past weekend about my tartan interior too.
SO.O.C914er
Jim the nice thing is you can follow the left and right door panels your pulling out? One of the easier jobs you’ve done.
Steve
I love these cars and the stock arm rest on both sides. My V8 car has a roll bar in the way, so I can't mount the stock arm rests. Very frustrating... My blue six is all stock and very comfortable with the arm rests.
sithot
Nice. Thanks for making these parts. Good products, great service.
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 7 2022, 01:57 PM) *

Your missing the top rubber piece.
Mikey914
Jim did you find one yet?
jim_hoyland
The door panels are all but installed and they look great !
Mike Kinne came through with a box of small and large parts as well as 914Werks. Thanks to both World members.
jim_hoyland
Now to do a new back pad…………… smile.gif
Montreal914
Wow, these look great! smile.gif

Keep us posted with the rest of the project!
914werke
aktion035.gif
sixaddict
Very nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.