Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedo cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
so finally getting some momentum on getting the car back together and got confused on installing the speedometer cable.

It seems a little long. It's the entire length of the car.

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Sounds about right. I route them above the axle secured to the top stud of the trans cover plate with a 1/2" loop clamp.
bkrantz
I actually wish mine was a bit longer. By the time it routes from the gauge to the front firewall, down into the tunnel, and then through the engine compartment, you will need every foot.
Type 47
OK, great.

Thanks guys
dr914@autoatlanta.com
certainly IS the routing that makes the cable have to be longer than one would think
Retroracer
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Nov 8 2022, 07:23 PM) *

I actually wish mine was a bit longer. By the time it routes from the gauge to the front firewall, down into the tunnel, and then through the engine compartment, you will need every foot.

agree.gif

you think it looks long now? wait until your're wrestling it into place under the dash....

Situation normal.

- Tony
ClayPerrine
Before you push it into the tunnel, wrap some electrical tape just under the threaded collar on the end that attaches to the speedometer so the collar can't slide down the cable. Otherwise the collar will end up getting caught on something inside the tunnel and it won't be there to hook to the speedo.

Good Luck!
Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.