Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circut Load for LED lights and fogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Hinds
I've read about the need to put a load on the circuit when installing the LED headlights so the fogs will still work with the low beams but I can't find any information on how to do that.

Where might I find this oh wise ones?
jdamiano
I found this to be a great resource

https://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html
friethmiller
I went with Option 1a. It was a very simple process/modification.
windforfun
Technically speaking, adding a resistor reduces the load. A short is an infinite load.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Nov 29 2022, 12:05 PM) *

I found this to be a great resource

https://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html

Hey, thanks for the quick reply guys . . I've been watching for a response since I guess we don't get the email notices any more, (so sad). I didn't realize I had to refresh the page.

So, thanks, I'll read up on this.

Here's what I'm up to - When I built this monster I was driving the mountain roads in Colorado and didn't need fogs and I found that replacing the fogs with driving lights only required moving the power source from the low beam fuse to the high beam. The Cibie series 95 as I recall fit almost perfectly in the '75 RBBB (rubber babby buggy bumper)

With the newer lights today, I suspect I can get the same high beam range from the newer LEDs and since we're now in the land of Rain and Fog(WA), I can put some fogs back in the RBBB.

I really like the idea of being able to run them on just the running lights too - thanks again for the quick response.
Bruce Hinds
Okay, just gave that a good read. Sounds like a plan . . . . probably go 1a as well, fogs and running lights.

Since that is then off the low beam circuit, I'm assuming (caution here) I then won't need the resistor with the install of the LEDs.
Mikey914
We actually have a few threads on our WIKI page to help understand and help out on this and other installation questions.

It's kind of hidden buy you can access from our home page nav bar.

Hope this helps
GregAmy
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Nov 29 2022, 04:20 PM) *

As did I.

But a personal caveat: you can accidentally leave your parking lights on, you might not notice it. After two dead batteries I installed a piezoelectric buzzer in my dash as a "DOH!" audible reminder to turn off my lights.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 30 2022, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(friethmiller @ Nov 29 2022, 04:20 PM) *

As did I.

But a personal caveat: you can accidentally leave your parking lights on, you might not notice it. After two dead batteries I installed a piezoelectric buzzer in my dash as a "DOH!" audible reminder to turn off my lights.

Might need one of those for sure.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 30 2022, 11:41 AM) *

We actually have a few threads on our WIKI page to help understand and help out on this and other installation questions.

It's kind of hidden buy you can access from our home page nav bar.

Hope this helps

That's great, the gal on the phone when I called didn't suggest that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.