Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 904
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barefoot
Hunt Valley Town Centre Cars & coffee Well, it's a replica, but well done !!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bkrantz
A 904 is ten less fun than a 914, right?
infraredcalvin
Depending on the comparison, 2 cyl may beg to differ…
Montreal914
From the fender flare, I want to say Beck? idea.gif
904svo
Yes it a BECKS 904.
FlacaProductions
I dunno - probably just me but you lost me at "replica"....I can appreciate good craftsmanship but still - these "tributes" just don't do it for me.
Root_Werks
Always liked the Beck 904's, very well done cars. If I had the space, I'd probably have one with a six.

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 1 2022, 10:38 AM) *

Always liked the Beck 904's, very well done cars. If I had the space, I'd probably have one with a six.

driving.gif

Chuck Beck is an Artist with cars

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
That battery and coil look just a wee bit exposed to the elements.
blink.gif

PS: I know there's probably (hopefully) a divider between the tire and battery as part of the rear fender but still, i wouldn't feel comfortable driving that in the rain.

carr914
my friends Real 904-6

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
The real ones are very small, I think the Beck's have a little more room. This is 904-0014. I'm 5'9" so anyone bigger than me would have a hard time in a 904.
billh1963
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 1 2022, 02:18 PM) *

The real ones are very small, I think the Beck's have a little more room. This is 904-0014. I'm 5'9" so anyone bigger than me would have a hard time in a 904.

I sat in a real 904 in 1996 when I lived in England (and before they become crazy valuable). I'm 5' 9" but have a large chest. With the door closed it felt very claustrophobic. That being said, if I owned one I'd suffer through it! beer.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 1 2022, 12:31 PM) *

blink.gif

PS: I know there's probably (hopefully) a divider between the tire and battery as part of the rear fender but still, i wouldn't feel comfortable driving that in the rain.

These were street legal race cars. Bare bones even at the time. I don't think any (most) of them get driven that much. (I did read the story about the red one that was a dd)
I would love to have one in my garage. biggrin.gif
904svo
Chuck Beck made the door two inchers bigger which gave you a wide door to get in and out. I know this because I own one before my knees gave out and had to sell it.
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 1 2022, 10:31 AM) *

blink.gif

agree.gif
I wouldn’t like driving it in the rain for a whole lotta reasons.
wndsrfr
Here's a Beck 904 at Road Atlanta Mitty last year...you'll see him working on me in the rear view mirror starting about 3:11 and taking me on the back straight at 4:14....
They had two cars there one silver one yellow in the group, really sweet. The silver one did get bent a bit later on in the weekend....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDBzUWhQwM
bkrantz
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 1 2022, 12:18 PM) *

But better than a Lotus of the same era.
GregAmy
I wouldn't mind a Beck's at all, with a stout-built Type 4 in it.
ClayPerrine
I spent about 45 minutes talking with Chuck Beck at the last Rennsport reunion. He was trying to convince me that I should take the 4.0L out of my car and put it in one of his 904 replicas. He thought that much HP and torque would be really fun in a lightweight chassis. I got to sit in the 914 replica he brought. It was cool!

Really friendly guy, and very knowledgeable.
TJB/914
first.gif 904

904's are really small cars sitting next to our 914's popcorn[1].gif
About 18++years ago while attending a local car meet I had the pleasure to meet the original owner and was asked to park next to him wub.gif I didn't know Porsche 904 history back then and missed opportunities to sit in it by the owner hissyfit.gif

I remember him telling me he got a speeding ticket on the way to the event. He is the original owner and this 904 was feathered in ELCELLENCE about 1-2 years ago. I believe still owned and in the local area?

Missed opportunities smash.gif
Tom
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 4 2022, 10:18 AM) *

first.gif 904

904's are really small cars sitting next to our 914's popcorn[1].gif
About 18++years ago while attending a local car meet I had the pleasure to meet the original owner and was asked to park next to him wub.gif I didn't know Porsche 904 history back then and missed opportunities to sit in it by the owner hissyfit.gif

I remember him telling me he got a speeding ticket on the way to the event. He is the original owner and this 904 was feathered in ELCELLENCE about 1-2 years ago. I believe still owned and in the local area?

Missed opportunities smash.gif
Tom

They are 5" shorter in the wheel track, but it can be fixed by chopping the 5 out of the middle. It's not fun. But the 904 body fits if you do.
JmuRiz
I have a real 904 tach I might put in my 356 should i hotrod the engine more biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.